Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Big Block 454 L-S 6

For all practical purposes, any BBC from 396 to 454 (and any strokers) look similar in scale.  So good detail can be found in any of the Revell BBC later version BBC engines such as in the Camaros or 67 Corvette.  The AMT 70 Monte Carlo or 67 Impala are also good.  The big question is whether you are looking for an LS6 induction system, including the air cleaner.

For all practical purposes, any BBC from 396 to 454 (and any strokers) look similar in scale.  So good detail can be found in any of the Revell BBC later version BBC engines such as in the Camaros or 67 Corvette.  The AMT 70 Monte Carlo or 67 Impala are also good.  The big question is whether you are looking for an LS6 induction system, including the air cleaner.

Would pefere the LS6 induction system, including the air cleaner.

Would pefere the LS6 induction system, including the air cleaner.

Okay.  I went downstairs and made a quick check in the stash.

1. Revell 70 Chevelle SS Motion Performance DOES NOT have the cowl induction air cleaner.
  2. AMT 70 Chevelle SS 454 does.  I don't have the Jack Reacher issue, so can't tell you if it is there.
  3. Revell 69 Camaro BBC's (convertible or Yenko) have a cowl induction air cleaner but you will have to source the decal on the air cleaner from somewhere else.
  4. The Revell 69 Camaro Baldwin Motion BBC DOES NOT have the cowl induction air cleaner in the instructions but I did not check the parts trees to see if there

RE: Exotics_Builder's response above

That's the kind of informed help that makes this site great, and one of the huge benefits of willing members who have a "stash"...so you get correct answers rather than "I heard it from the uncle of my dog's maid's ex-boyfriend".  :D

Agreed!