Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cuda Project!!

cruz

sweet motor where you find the megneto dual dist

the color is cool to on the body

Thanks Jeff, are you asking a question about the Magnetos??? :unsure: If you are, I found these in my parts box, I think they are from a Dragster I had laying around!!

Oh man, you are making me sick with this project. The Alclading you do is out of this world man. The valve covers do look more realistic when done with the Alclad. Can't believe how awful those headers looked at the start of the thread compared to now! :huh: Please, get this thing done soon. :(

Cruz, that's lookin' sharp! :huh:

I'll be at the meeting Saturday, so I hope you can bring it along for me to get a good look! :rolleyes:

I am thinking on going also, I will try to get it there!! ;) By the way, remind me to take something Irv handed me to give you also, it's some sort of trunk pattern that you need for your 55 Ford maybe??? :(

Hola Cruz! This cuda is awesome! The color is awesome; you have an amazing eye for color! I think I might have to go snag a couple cans of that stuff. How long does it take to dry/cure; or do you use a dehydrator?

Hola Cruz! This cuda is awesome! The color is awesome; you have an amazing eye for color! I think I might have to go snag a couple cans of that stuff. How long does it take to dry/cure; or do you use a dehydrator?
Thanks Nate, I use a dehydrator for 2 days to cure my paints. Of course, I am talking about the clear and all!! I still have to work on the suspension and stance so I won't be buffing and polishing until I get that right, I don't like handling my models much after polishing!!

Hey Cruz, if you don't mind sharing, how do you get that Alclad to work for you and make it look so "chromy"? I have tried several methods but can't seem to make it work. What basecoat do you use? Do you clearcoat that stuff? I just can't believe how nice those parts come out! ;)

Hey Cruz, if you don't mind sharing, how do you get that Alclad to work for you and make it look so "chromy"? I have tried several methods but can't seem to make it work. What basecoat do you use? Do you clearcoat that stuff? I just can't believe how nice those parts come out! :rolleyes:
Well my friend, much has been said in the forum on how to go about preparing to chrome your parts w/ Alclad. I have learned that everyone has their own ideas and methods of application. Personally I like to use Model Master Gloss Black for my base after priming and smoothing the parts to be Alcladed. I like to warm my paints before shooting them and after giving the part 3 coats of paint I am ready to Alclad. I really make sure to get a nice wet coat on my black base, that's trully the magic of the system. I like to shoot my Alclad @ 10 to 12 PSI and make sure I don't go over 2 coats, if you do chances are your parts will come out silverish, not chrome. One of the reasons I don't like Alclading rims or bumpers is that by the time you finish shooting the paint to cover all the angles needed for complete coverage you might be putting too many coats on the part. The best way to practice and perfect your skills at this is using plastic spoons. Once you learn to use it I think you will like it. In my case here, I thought my bumpers were pretty small so I took the chance and Alcladed them but in reality Alclad is better suited for small parts, at least that's my humble opinion! :lol:

49Merc056.jpg

49Merc054.jpg

Another way you can use Alclad Chrome is dabbing your dash knobs with the Gloss Black and with a very small brush just brush the Alclad right over them. Same concept here, just one coat of the Alclad, you don't want it to come out silverish!! :rolleyes::lol:

Boy you are sure doing a great job! I love cudas, i have built about 38 of them, only 2 were of this kit, but none as good as this! I really like what you have done, i am excited to see more!

I posted my build i did from this kit a little while ago, it is red. I have the S&M cuda in the works, and got another one of these to build.

Again very nice work!

Your Cuda is really coming along.

The paint color is cool and Gorgeous and the headers looks Sweet.

hard to beleive they are the ones that came in the Kit..

The Motor and Dash, "O" Heck!, The whole car will be thE showpiece..

Loving your build up.

Big Thanks for sharing..

Makes me want to build mine, Sooner than Later :)

Thanks to Bill Geary, last Saturday @ the Model Car Club meeting I was able to buy this Johan Cuda from one of the vendors @ only 14.00 Dollars. It was missing the headers and front bumper and other small details but I can't complain about the price. I will be fixing the body and build something out of it later. Also found my friend from down under, Gregg who offered himself and will be sending me the missing bumper, I can't say enough about this forum man, too many nice people here, thanks again Gregg and Bill!!!! :rolleyes:

CopyofCuda074.jpg

CopyofCuda075.jpg

CopyofCuda076.jpg

CopyofCuda077.jpg

CopyofCuda081.jpg

CopyofCuda086.jpg

Cruz,this is going to be one cool fish when you're done! It's looking very sharp already.

Don't laugh, but if I ever get my chubby butt back to the bench I want to make use of some of the techniques and tricks I see you and Bill use. I miss building so much it makes me want to stick myself in the leg with a #11 just to feel like I'm doing something hobby related!!

I miss building so much it makes me want to stick myself in the leg with a #11 just to feel like I'm doing something hobby related!!

Now that's funny!! :rolleyes:

Cruz, you're quite welcome! I knew you'd want it as they're just not seen everyday, and I'm sure George appreciated you buying it from him.

I was "groking" my 'Cuda over the weekend.................I've got some plans for it, but don't have a timeline as to when I'll build it. :angry: I do know it'll have a street Hemi WITHOUT the billboards!

Cruz,this is going to be one cool fish when you're done! It's looking very sharp already.

Don't laugh, but if I ever get my chubby butt back to the bench I want to make use of some of the techniques and tricks I see you and Bill use. I miss building so much it makes me want to stick myself in the leg with a #11 just to feel like I'm doing something hobby related!!

Hey Dan, thanks. What is your biggest concern about not spending time on your models? Time? Desire? You are a very talented builder you know!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Cruz, mate I like where you're heading with this build.. ;)

Absolutely love the colour you chose for it and the allclad gives the headers and bumpers a whole new look..ser-weet....

I feel sure you will work wonders on the newly aquired orange bodied one too mate.

I'll have that new bumper to you very soon Cruz, so you better hurry and get this green one finished....lol..

Look forward to seeing some more of your work my friend.

cheers

Greg

Now that's funny!! :lol:

Cruz, you're quite welcome! I knew you'd want it as they're just not seen everyday, and I'm sure George appreciated you buying it from him.

I was "groking" my 'Cuda over the weekend.................I've got some plans for it, but don't have a timeline as to when I'll build it. :blink: I do know it'll have a street Hemi WITHOUT the billboards!

I don't know Bill, why don't you try doing something like what I am doing, you know, something semi-tubbed similar to a mild street machine or something without as many details on the engine, probably a few braided hoses here and there and some mild plumbing. Personally, I think it's something you should have in your collection plus it will give us a chance to see how versatile you are with your builds!!! I love the lines on this car and am already thinking about doing something else w/ the orange one... ;)