Model Cars Magazine Forum

K.I.T.T. Knight Rider

Brizio

During the weekend I was talking with my brother about 80's movie, I carved something 80's and looking at my stash I picked this one. I have it from a few years, also at that time bought the scanner light for the front. It will be out of the box... 

IMG_4459.thumb.JPG.4490e8c3ea2139fc5aa2c

The underbody painted and completed with exhaust.

IMG_4752.thumb.JPG.a8a278013523716b89cdd

I love movie cars. I have the MPC version in my stash.

Can I ask where you got the scanner for it? Sounds like a must have for any of these builds!

I bough the scanner with the kit on a online store. The scanner is also made by Aoshima. On the chassis of the kit there are all the mounts and screws holes for the scanner. Agree the scanner is a must have for this kit, since it was one of the major part of the car.

I'll be watching this for sure! I just picked up that kit and also the season 1 version a few weeks ago. 

Cool! They are pretty good kit. The wheels are beautiful and few flash almost none. On this kit, the season four they give you two small piece that probably are used on another season and also a steering wheels with a hole in the middle. The kit also has working headlight! I'm thinking about a diorama... :D

Cool! They are pretty good kit. The wheels are beautiful and few flash almost none. On this kit, the season four they give you two small piece that probably are used on another season and also a steering wheels with a hole in the middle. The kit also has working headlight! I'm thinking about a diorama... :D

Yes, the two small parts (parts 29 and 30) are front fender trim that go on the lower front of the fenders to match the slightly less tapered nose of the season 1 car, and the steering wheel (part 51) is the season 1 steering wheel, and the season 1 kit also includes the also the extra later steering wheel. I found this pic supposedly of K.I.T.T. in a museum that shows the "hole" in the center, and most other pics if you Google image search "knight rider car interior" show the later wheel without the "hole". 

There is just enough changes between the season 1 and season 4 kits to make them different, but the differences are very hard to spot. The only other differences between the two, which is why other than the wheels and the fender pieces not used in the season four car the front bumper and dash have their own separate sprues, are that those are the only other differences. The season 1 dash has two smaller TV screens instead of the single large one in season 4, and the front bumper is not quiet as sleek on the season 1 car. The kit I still want is the Super Pursuit mode, and the pic of the convertible inside the first page makes me wonder if there might not have been one of K.I.T.T. in convertible mode too. I also want to get a couple more of the regular versions to do K.A.R.R..  

Yes, the two small parts (parts 29 and 30) are front fender trim that go on the lower front of the fenders to match the slightly less tapered nose of the season 1 car, and the steering wheel (part 51) is the season 1 steering wheel, and the season 1 kit also includes the also the extra later steering wheel. I found this pic supposedly of K.I.T.T. in a museum that shows the "hole" in the center, and most other pics if you Google image search "knight rider car interior" show the later wheel without the "hole". 

There is just enough changes between the season 1 and season 4 kits to make them different, but the differences are very hard to spot. The only other differences between the two, which is why other than the wheels and the fender pieces not used in the season four car the front bumper and dash have their own separate sprues, are that those are the only other differences. The season 1 dash has two smaller TV screens instead of the single large one in season 4, and the front bumper is not quiet as sleek on the season 1 car. The kit I still want is the Super Pursuit mode, and the pic of the convertible inside the first page makes me wonder if there might not have been one of K.I.T.T. in convertible mode too. I also want to get a couple more of the regular versions to do K.A.R.R..  

Thank you to confirm about those extra pieces. The season four under the dashboard, where the TV is, has a mini disc reader, at least the piece look like so. Another thing that is different during the season is the center console, where all the buttons are. I think Aoshima used for reference the K.I.T.T. that was displayed at Universal Studios, because on the under body and body there is printed Universal Studios license. 

I would like the Super Pursuit mode kit too, that' is very cool! When I was looking a the instructions, on the first page there is pictures of the different K.I.T.T., also the convertible one, but I think those are from the movie,not kit.

I was able to paint and assemble the wheels yesterday.

IMG_4753.thumb.JPG.677910b551fb25efd66b6

Very nice! Now you have me wanting to start mine! 

I also went to a hobby shop in my area yesterday and found the SPM version on the shelf, but it didn't stay there long! :lol: 

Very nice! Now you have me wanting to start mine! 

I also went to a hobby shop in my area yesterday and found the SPM version on the shelf, but it didn't stay there long! :lol: 

Thank you Matthew! :) You should start it! :D 

Congrats on the find!

The interior are done.

IMG_4931.thumb.JPG.62b68aa758cb6154cff07

Awesome Brizio

Thank you Carl!:)

Some more progress. I was able to finish the car yesterday. I did also a short stop-motion video... :D

The overhead console painted.

13914041_1255855631115814_52761641031261

Body completed and ready for the final assembly. I add the driver and passenger windows.

IMG_5011.thumb.JPG.eeb08f84c09d7ab9ac2fa