Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

`53 Ford Victoria (Lindberg)


Zoom
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would like to build an old Ford, I think they looks great.
It’s going to be red with a white roof. I have seen that color combination here and I like it.

 

DSC06953_(2)_(1024x570).thumb.jpg.24d6be

DSC06962_(2)_(1024x624).thumb.jpg.ca0df0

DSC06961_(2)_(1024x670).thumb.jpg.049d0f

DSC06973_(2)_(965x1024).thumb.jpg.d73cdc

Start with the engine.
Change the distributor to one from Detail Master, cut off the little “device” on the side from the kit and pinned it on the new one. Color is Humbrol orange on gray primer.

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC06976_(2)_(1024x767).thumb.jpg.28834e

DSC06980_(2)_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.b0b56f

Thank you guys!

Now I have run in to some troubles.

The front of the engine is too high. It looks like the front exhaust tube is the problem and “sits” on the frame.

Does anyone have an idea, or know what i have done wrong or have has this problem.
I need some help.

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC06984_(2)_(1024x680).thumb.jpg.86f058

DSC06991_(2)_(1024x635).thumb.jpg.3091c8

Not much of an update, but I change the angel of the front exhaust tube.
Now “sits” the engine much better.
A little adjustment of the paint and some “washing” have to be done.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC06993_(1024x592).thumb.jpg.b2837e5f03

Did some work on the interior.  Vallejo ”brown” on the floor, “aged white” on the seats and Tamiya “red” on the rest. BMF on the details.

 

DSC07005_(1024x827).thumb.jpg.03d65847d9

I read in a thread that “MrObsessive” use solder wire to make battery terminals.
I took that idea and make mine from 0,4 mm lead wire. Flattened the end and drill a hole. Painted them in black and red.
Easier then to make a terminal and then glue the cable on it.

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC07035_(1024x681).thumb.jpg.a7711009e2

DSC07010_(1024x655).thumb.jpg.d6c55747ae

DSC07026_(1024x539).thumb.jpg.c25d6f6be6

Some steps forward.

Used some Sharpie marker on the “horn ring” on the steering wheel.
The decals on the instrument panel cracked 
:(

Looks like I have to do some cleaning, the photos show things that it hard to see with your eyes.

 

Now I have to deal with the engine bay parts, as “JollySipper” said and the radiator hoses. :blink:

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC07075_(2)_(1024x916).thumb.jpg.1036b3

DSC07080_(2)_(1024x904).thumb.jpg.6971b1

DSC07052_(2)_(1024x954).thumb.jpg.4067a5

Thank you guys for your comments, I appreciate that.

At last, the engine compartment is ready.

There were some puzzling too get it together. :blink:

Now I´m waiting for Tamiya white primer, to continue with the body.
 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC07083_(997x1024).thumb.jpg.375f8cb1e3

DSC07100_(2)_(1024x759).thumb.jpg.87a4cb

 

Thank you all, for your kind words!

While I´m waiting for the Tamiya primer (looks like it sold out in whole Sweden) I did some works on the wheels.

Take some 1000-grit and sanded some on the tires to get rid of the shiny black, then some brown wash.
Paint the white walls with flat white.
A small brush with Tamia red on the outer rim on the wheel cover, took a tooth pick to get rid of paint that come inside of the rim.

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC07112_(2)_(1024x564).thumb.jpg.60edc7

DSC07105_(875x1024).thumb.jpg.23aee0f7f1

Not much of an update, but anyway.

I have read Cruz tutorial about scribing panel lines.
I think the result looks very good, so I would like to try this.

Scribing and scribing and then some black wash.
Now I have to wait for result after the primer and paint is on.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

DSC07139_(2)_(1024x577).thumb.jpg.20e25a

DSC07133_(2)_(1024x556).thumb.jpg.aac1b6

DSC07135_(2)_(1024x956).thumb.jpg.04d118

At last I get painted: Tamiya “Italian red and Racing white”.
Get the BMF on (it was time consuming
:blink:). I used “new improved chrome”.

There were some residue left from the BMF, I took very little Tamiya “polishing compound, finish” on an cotton swabs and rub it gently away, works great.

 

I´m a little confused in which order I shall put thing together.
Is it better to put the body on the frame and interior, before I start the detailing of it (mostly the chrome details), or should I finish the body before I put things together??

I hope you understand my question.

 

 

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finish all you can, then add the final details on the body.  Too many things can go wrong handling the body if chrome is in place before the body is mated to chassis  At least that is my experience.

looks great.  I have one in aqua and white, brown interior.  

Edited by randyc
stupid big fingers...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...