Model Cars Magazine Forum

Torino dd hubcaps and trim ring

:mellow: Well that was one of the great items that was sold by Modelhause resin but they have closed there doors now I got some from them BUT.! all is good Kevin at Missinglink resin has them he supplied them with his Maverick kits get a hold of him he should still have them.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am concerned, there is NOT an accurate set of those caps and trim rings in scale. If I were doing them, I would do them in 3 sizes, 1/25 (14 x 6 for the Maverick, 15 x 7 for the Mustangs and Torinos), and a set in 1/24 scale {14 X 7 and 15 x 7 for the Monogram '70 Mustang).

torino_7072ddHubcaps002_zpsemcrjrb4.jpg

They probably would be a good seller.

Rickcaps55,

Thank You for the 'link' to Missinglink. Just received the Maverick/Torino dog dish hubcaps/trim rings. Absolutely perfect.

They are not plated, but I will paint them a brushed aluminum and BMF the trim rings.

Emailed several times with Kevin @ ML. Great business and communications. 

Thanks. 

Rickcaps55,

Thank You for the 'link' to Missinglink. Just received the Maverick/Torino dog dish hubcaps/trim rings. Absolutely perfect.

They are not plated, but I will paint them a brushed aluminum and BMF the trim rings.

Emailed several times with Kevin @ ML. Great business and communications. 

Thanks. 

That's great he is a great guy to deal with I have had the pleasure of meeting him and Jeff face to face here in Chicago at one of our model and toy shows I wish he would up date his web page because he has some really great kits and parts good luck with your build and pleas post pictures as soon as your done.

You guys aren't going to believe me, but the BEST looking dog dish/trim ring wheels I have EVER seen, that look 100% legit to my picky eyes, were from the PALMER '70 Mustang kit. Yes, Palmer. I seen them in a kit a friend of mine had, and could not believe my eyes.