Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri 1/24 Mercedes Benz Giga Space

Bennyg

It's a good thing that they abandoned the new concept thingy, and this truck proves that after the Iveco that they again moved to being a model kit company instead of a toy manufacturer.

Seeing the pics take me back to the day that, I as a 12 year old, with the help of my dad, built their first 1/24th scale truck kit, the Volvo F12, time sure flew past since then.....

Edited by Luc Janssens

European trucks don't interest most of the North American truck builders. I always found it funny that North American truck kits were popular in Europe but not the other way around. No question this is a very impressive kit. Well done by Italeri.

Wide open roads, modern cowboy's in a steel 400HP horse, that's why...

Here in Europe truck drivers since the downfall of the iron curtain, over night became modern slaves, underpaid in a over legislated profession, (read hunted by police for fines)

If this was a North American subject, such as a Freightliner, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack, etc, I would very much be looking forward to it. I do wonder if Italeri would consider an all new American truck with the same level of detail, that would be something to build.

That's what I'm hoping.

Ben

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...