Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer

• 4 weeks later...

Yes,sorry been sick and had my nephew end his life..he means alot to me.I'm waiting for tires from scenes unlimited.Daniel an I got figured out the tires for it.there on there way.I took a few picture of what its going to be towed by and got the fenders back cut.the pictures I took were terrible so I'll take a few more now some of the life is ssettling down.thanks for the interest....Chris 

Ok,the trailers tires have gotten here today.I ordered three different sets and picked the Scale Unlimited T25 Goodyear Atlas set.they fit the rims..perfectly. the right width, height and fit the rim not to tite but tite enouch.most of all look right for the lowered fenders..for me.the hitch and receiver, battery came as well.

the pictures are of my crude mock up with the before cut back fender and the after back cut I removed about 1/8 of a inch from the height AMTERTL_1994_car_trailer_40_scaleunlimit,..I like it better.I made a styrene plastic jig to back cut the fenders.it was easier to me..the other pictures of the tires I'm going with and the rims.this project is going again.its amazing how looking for the right tires and life problems get in your way. 

Daniel at Scale Unlimited is and has amazing product lines.I highly recommend taking a look..smokin parts.

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 32.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 33.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 34.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 35.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 37.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 39.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 40 scaleunlimited tireT25.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 41 T25 Goodyear Atlas.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 43 T25 Goodyear Atlas.jpg

Yes,sorry been sick and had my nephew end his life..he means alot to me.I'm waiting for tires from scenes unlimited.Daniel an I got figured out the tires for it.there on there way.I took a few picture of what its going to be towed by and got the fenders back cut.the pictures I took were terrible so I'll take a few more now some of the life is ssettling down.thanks for the interest....Chris 

Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your Nephew! Thats gotta be difficult! I wish you and the family best of wishes man, God Bless you all!

Take your time on the models unless they give you a good outlet for all that, then they can be a GREAT help!!!!

Ok,the trailers tires have gotten here today.I ordered three different sets and picked the Scale Unlimited T25 Goodyear Atlas set.they fit the rims..perfectly. the right width, height and fit the rim not to tite but tite enouch.most of all look right for the lowered fenders..for me.the hitch and receiver, battery came as well.

the pictures are of my crude mock up with the before cut back fender and the after back cut I removed about 1/8 of a inch from the height AMTERTL_1994_car_trailer_40_scaleunlimit,..I like it better.I made a styrene plastic jig to back cut the fenders.it was easier to me..the other pictures of the tires I'm going with and the rims.this project is going again.its amazing how looking for the right tires and life problems get in your way. 

Daniel at Scale Unlimited is and has amazing product lines.I highly recommend taking a look..smokin parts.

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 32.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 33.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 34.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 35.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 37.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 39.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 40 scaleunlimited tireT25.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 41 T25 Goodyear Atlas.jpg

AMTERTL 1994 car trailer 43 T25 Goodyear Atlas.jpg

-Missed this! NICE WORK!!!!! Have any idea what ya gonna load that trailer with? Looks GREAT man! WOW!

Well thank you John I greatly appreciate your kind words.yes my nephew means alot to me.its not easy.my sister suffering the worst.we have been through it before to.life isn't easy.modeling is away to escape to a world of peace.

back to modeling...yes I decided 2 months ago.its gping yo be a Plymouth 1968 Roadrunner.there is a story behind all my builds.I'm going to make it a barn find..but it was not in the barn but out in the weedd behind the barn.its going to be without the front fenders as they were removed and primed.no engine but transmission still in it.in the mid 70's was raced..so it was a street runner.

In my young life I worked for a company called National Speed Equipment here and a few others involved in this company.I used to go rescue cars an pickup from the junkyards.we would use a trailer and truck to go get them out of where they were at.alot of times they were in fields..in the weeds with no engines.miss parts.well this Plymouyh 68 Roadrunner is going to look like what we used to go get out of thr fields here.

So I'm going to build the firewall and bulk head.I got the kit which is AMT 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner. I've cut off the front fenders now.I'm collecting parts.I got the monster N50 15's from Fireball.of course the tires have to be wore out..to my burn outs as we call it in those days. started all the processes for this part . here's a few pictures to show you where its at..thank you for asking John.you have a great day...Chris 

117_1234644575.jpeg

AMT1968 Plymouth Roadrunner box cover.jpg

AMT 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner farmfind 01.jpg

AMT 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner farmfind 03.jpg

• 5 months later...

Been awhile with this one.tried different brake drums from lots of other kits..but nothing would work well enouch.so I bought all round tube styrene from West Valley here around the time of GSL .doin research on the electric style drums so as to start scratch building drums for this trailer..pictures soon to come.sorry been so long sense last pics and progress..take care all...Chris