Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC '78 Chevy Stepside , Dec. 4, almost done.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been directing more of my free time to my 1/1 project lately so it's been slow going on the models. 
I have done a bit more on the pickup though. 

I added some rub strips on the bumpers with sheet plastic cut into strips and painted semigloss black.

IMG 2047

And I've done up the alternator and power steering pump on the engine. I want to add more detail to this one than I usually do.
I didn't like the look of the belt assemblies I could find so I made my own by cutting the pullys free from a couple parts box pieces and making the belts with some small Evergreen strips.

IMG 2048

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I love that truck. Those old MPC late '70's/Early '8's Chevies are very scarce. I was able to restore a '78 a couple of years back, and I was able to get my hands on an unbuilt '78, and an '80. I want to do a '80 Fleetside 2wd one day, but these kits are too valuable to cut up. I'll figure something out. I picked up a set of Fireball Resins' excellent 6-Lug Rally wheels for an '84.