Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Fairlady Z S30 / Datsun 240 ZG

VisT.F

Hey, so I'm looking for a scale-modelling forum and decided to settle in this one. So, I'm new to 1/24 scale-modelling. I was into Gunpla and saw a scale-modelling channel in Youtube and suddenly I have the urge to assemble a model cars but I know it won't be easy. Then, decided to grab the Aoshima Fairlady S30 or known as Datsun 240ZG as my first kit. The reasons I took this model is the simplicity of the build (but kinda dissapointed it went way that easy, no engine details ahahaha). I ruined the masking on the fender side... Guess that will be my homework for the next model. I used a local spray-can for the main body (the spray-cans are commonly used for Gunpla here in my place) and for the detail I used Tamiya Enamel Paint and for the finishing, because in my opinions gloss is not that good without compound polishing (I don't have any) so I decided to spray it with flat coating.

13872887_10207331056570441_7299396665205

13615412_10207331056290434_5486975671353

13900273_10207331056250433_4467133509150

13939305_10207331055770421_7070483642085

13887020_10207331055730420_5912824735596

13934884_10207331055690419_5729103565744

(yeah, i also messed up the tail lights, and forgot to sand the mold line of the bumper)

I'm looking forward for Tamiya's RX-7 Type R, there aren't any Revell's kits here and most of the kits sold here are Tamiya. 

Edited by VisT.F

Welcome to the forum!

Not a bad looking build at all. I'd say you did fairly well for your first build. You got all of the basics down. A clean looking car with no major (or glaring) mistakes that I can see. Great job. You should enjoy the RX-7. I just recently finished a Aoshima RX-7 myself. If the Tamiya is anything like it, it will go together quite well. 

Where are you located in Idaho? I am just across the border in Eastern Washington about 30 miles north of Spokane on Hywy 2.

Later- 

Very good job! My only suggestions would be to go back and paint the 1/4 panel emblems, and front marker lamps, and the center caps on the wheels. Also you should get a bottle of Tamiya clear orange for the the rear turn signals. Fronts are often amber, but rear is always orange. 

Edited by Zarana-X

Welcome to the forum!

Not a bad looking build at all. I'd say you did fairly well for your first build. You got all of the basics down. A clean looking car with no major (or glaring) mistakes that I can see. Great job. You should enjoy the RX-7. I just recently finished a Aoshima RX-7 myself. If the Tamiya is anything like it, it will go together quite well. 

Where are you located in Idaho? I am just across the border in Eastern Washington about 30 miles north of Spokane on Hywy 2.

Later- 

actually the ID stand for Indonesia ahahaha. Well, I finally found an active forum in scale modelling here but it's on facebook. Tons of great modeler that I admired there but posts on facebook is keep getting disappeared as new posts rising up. I need an online forum where I can kept my posts so it would be an online showcase and voila, found these forums and I'm going to settle here for another post. Also, this forum got a lot of showcase and WIPs to be watched for. It really fancy my eyes out and learned a lot from it!

Looks good. Some if these Datsun comes with engine,but you will have to open the hood.

well, actually when I finished this one, I felt kinda disappointed as I'm really hooked into this and realized this kit came with no engine at all, even the exhaust part, it only came with the tip of the muffler. I'm going to take the Efini RX-7 even though I know there wouldn't be any engine right there, but at least it's more complex rather than the Datsun. 

Very good job! My only suggestions would be to go back and paint the 1/4 panel emblems, and front marker lamps, and the center caps on the wheels. Also you should get a bottle of Tamiya clear orange for the the rear turn signals. Fronts are often amber, but rear is always orange. 

Yeaa I forgot the quarter panel out there, there are decals for it and I totally forgot the putting the decals at the final moment, talk about the sensation for finishing my first kit, ahahaha. honestly, I did have some problems on the rear signals. Aoshima fitting is not so good.. I need to glue it a lot as it always fall off from the place. Anyway I did notice the clear orange colors for the rear, thanks for the advice!

actually the ID stand for Indonesia ahahaha. Well, I finally found an active forum in scale modelling here but it's on facebook. Tons of great modeler that I admired there but posts on facebook is keep getting disappeared as new posts rising up. I need an online forum where I can kept my posts so it would be an online showcase and voila, found these forums and I'm going to settle here for another post. Also, this forum got a lot of showcase and WIPs to be watched for. It really fancy my eyes out and learned a lot from it!

well, actually when I finished this one, I felt kinda disappointed as I'm really hooked into this and realized this kit came with no engine at all, even the exhaust part, it only came with the tip of the muffler. I'm going to take the Efini RX-7 even though I know there wouldn't be any engine right there, but at least it's more complex rather than the Datsun. 

Yeaa I forgot the quarter panel out there, there are decals for it and I totally forgot the putting the decals at the final moment, talk about the sensation for finishing my first kit, ahahaha. honestly, I did have some problems on the rear signals. Aoshima fitting is not so good.. I need to glue it a lot as it always fall off from the place. Anyway I did notice the clear orange colors for the rear, thanks for the advice!

It's too late for this one, but when there are decals, or photoetch for embelms, I sand them down till you can just barely see where to put them later. Aoishima acquired a lot of molds from defunct companies, those and the older kits are a mixed bag. The new stuff is top-notch.