Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kid Stuff

SfanGoch

Those are the four things you need to go grate fishing. Kids used to fish for change dropped down the gratings. Best locations were gratings near bars and by bus stops. Drunks and people rushing for the bus always drop a lot of change. 

Those are the four things you need to go grate fishing. Kids used to fish for change dropped down the gratings. Best locations were gratings near bars and by bus stops. Drunks and people rushing for the bus always drop a lot of change. 

Never herd of this but makes sense. Never tried it but would a magnet work??? 

If you drop something in the sewer, you tie the lock to the twine, cover the bottom with the jelly, and hope that what you dropped will stick to it..........

I think?  :huh:

Oh darn. I was hoping it was something cool, like if you soak the twine in Vaseline, it becomes like detcord and could be used to burn through a lock. I was even gonna try it this weekend....:lol:

Who has sewer grates???   Must be a "City" thing.   :)

I work on a very modern large corporate "campus." We have 'em. (I think they're storm drains.) I walk by one every morning. Being all modern and progressive and environmentally aware and whatnot, I'm careful to toss my cigarette butt into it on my way in, and not just flick it into the roadway like some uncultured heathen.B)

It's a mystical, magical subterranean wonderland full of adventure, thrills and excitement. And lots of bums and annoying panhandlers. No need to go to Six Flags when you can experience the same, if not better, for the price of a slice of pizza.

pizzarat6f-1-web.jpg

Edited by SfanGoch

You'd need a really long stick to do that in a subway grating. It's about fifteen feet from the sidewalk to the ledge at the bottom. Some of the older guys used to heist parking meters and drill out the locks on the collection cans. The meters were impervious to sledgehammers.

There's gotta be an easier way to make a buck. Whatever happened to good old fashioned purse snatching?

You're from Chicago. Lots of Poles living there, right? remember those old Polish babci? There were, and still are, plenty of them here in Greenpernt. i remember seeing them knock the living bejesus out of their husbands after dragging them out of the corner bar. Some of those old panis could snap your neck with one swipe of their hand. Parking meters can't kick your *ss.