Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1951 Chevy

BrianThomas

New here, so I figured I'd post my current project...

Engine is going to be the fuel injected 6, kind of greasy and grimy. 

My first car was a 1954 Chevy Sedan, with a built 235, so until I can find the right '54 Chevy kit to build, this one will be a decent representation.

Welcome aboard, Brian! To build a decent '54 street car the easiest route would probably be to take a Monogram '53 Bel Air (which hasn't been produced for a while, but is still rather plentiful, and reasonably priced), and bash it with one of the '54 gassers. But, seeing your work here, that should be well within you skill range!

Great! so far looks like an early 60's Gasser. I started going to the drag strip in 65 and you saw cars that looked like that but had SB Chevy or 409. They were not all beauties in those days. Can't wait to see if finished. Welcome to the board.  

Thanks everybody!

I considered going gasser with this one, but I think it'll look much better low down and dirty. The glass fitment has been giving me heartburn, it fits terribly even after heating it up in water... so I'm going to take a break from this for a few days. I have a VW Rabbit kit to start tearing into as well, so I'll probably get going on that tonight. Sometimes I just need to step away and come back refreshed.