Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre

Lovefordgalaxie

Wow, I have seen a lot of these built but never one of this caliber and quality. Flawless paint, perfect I mean perfect foiling of chrome, and the detail you put in to this model is incredible. Take a bow, you go to the top of the class !!! And your videos are incredible as well. A true master of this hobby. Looks like it belongs on a showroom floor at a Ford dealer....

Very very nice !!! We can see you're "at home" with those car !!!! How did get the white stripes on the body ? Decals ? 

I would like to build a replica of the Jay Leno's one which is really gorgeous, let's say it's on my list !!! ;)

The white stripes were done with white decal paper, cut the thinnest possible, then applied to the body. That alone took me a day. The decal has the tendency of breaking into multiple pieces, due to the fact the stripes are so thin.

As a Galaxie lover, and a purist, I really don't like what Leno did to that '66. He modernized the car with parts that didn't exist in 1966, and used lot's of non FoMoCo parts to fit his personal taste. I see no necessity or wisdom on changing what left the factory perfect, like a '66 Galaxie 500 7 Litre, a '32 Ford Model 18 Victoria, or a '57 Fairlane 500 Town Sedan, to use my all time top three cars as examples.

By other hand I really like what he did to that blue Duesemberg he found in a garage, inactive for decades. He did the necessary to make the car roadworthy again, but kept things like the factory paint, and upholstery. For me that's the way to go. A car is only original once.

I have nothing against restoring cars, but I think it only should be done to cars that are past the preservation point. 

For me a car that is original unrestored will always be better than even a 100 point resto. 

Wow Tulio that is one beautiful Ford!! I have one of those in my stash to build, and it's a little discouraging to know it will never turn as beautiful as yours:D!  Again absolutely Gorgeous!!!  

That's what I think when I see Steven Guthmiller's builds...

he is the one that inspired me to try on adding more detail. 

I think this has to be you best yet Tulio, as you know I follow and comment on all your videos pretty much, this really is an absolute beauty !.

Thanks Gary!! Will make a video with my three '66 Galaxies. Think it will be cool.

Absolutely staggering build Tulio. Respect!

And that colour is just beautiful.

steve

Thanks Steve!!