Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T, 10/17, So Close I Can Taste It!!

StevenGuthmiller

As for gauge decals, do an internet image search for the gauges you want.  Find the highest res image you can and print them off on whatever paper you want.  Print on high res.  For a lot of cars, you can drill or cut the area out and put thm in the back.  Or in some cases, cut the print out and put it in the opening.  I have done this a few times with pretty good success.  I still also try to do them by hand with sharpened china markers in red and white rubbing lightly over the raised parts.  Usually doesn't work out as well as printing some off.  

With all that said, this dash and interior look great!  I don;t see that it can get any better.  Once again, the internet, from reference to talking about "best ways", has improved a model greatly from the moded parts.  I'm a huge believer in using the internet to improve our builds.  Sure helps me.  

Randy

Thanks everyone!

Now if I can get off of my butt & get the body foiled.......

I foiled the trim around the blacked out tail light panel last night.

Worst part to foil on the entire kit.

What a pain in the behind! :blink:

BTW, there is a third set of seat belts in the rear seat.

The seat belts were molded to the seats Nick.

They are on a lot of these 60s MPC kits

I just painted & foiled what was there.

If it wouldn't have been a big undertaking, I would have removed them altogether.

I've never been a fan of seat belts on a kit.

You never saw them back in those days anyway.

Nobody ever used them.

They always just wound up crammed in the crack of the seat. :P

Steve

I think I've decided against using any dog dish caps at this point.

I'm pretty certain that I'll use the Magnum 500 wheels from the '70 Super Bee kit.

Probably the tires too.

Steve

Oh come one, triple green . that car is screaming for the deluxe hubcaps ( same as whats in the Revell 69 Dart kit )

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachments/176-jpg.88006/

OR a set of recall wheels out of the MPC 69 Barracuda kit. ( i have extras of each of you want / need them )

http://images20.fotki.com/v422/photos/4/40265/6311684/indexwsedr1-vi.jpg

Oh come one, triple green . that car is screaming for the deluxe hubcaps ( same as whats in the Revell 69 Dart kit )

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/attachments/176-jpg.88006/

Actually, those are not in the Dart kit. The Dart hubcaps are a bit different having the 5 lug nuts visible on the cap. The set from Fireball Modelworks are the correct cap.

FMR-079.jpg

Edited by Mike Chernecki

OR a set of recall wheels out of the MPC 69 Barracuda kit. ( i have extras of each of you want / need them )

Actually, those are not in the Dart kit. The Dart hubcaps are a bit different having the 5 lug nuts visible on the cap. The set from Fireball Modelworks are the correct cap.

Great ideas guys!

I do like the idea of something a little different & the dog dish caps have become anything but different.

I've always liked the look of the Magnum wheels, but they are pretty much old news.

The deluxe caps look like a cool idea, but at this point Mike, I don't think I want to invest any more into this project.

I do have a '69 Dart kit, but if the caps aren't correct, I'll let that one go.

On the other hand, the recall wheels are intriguing!

I'll have to give that some very serious thought!

I have an old built MPC '69 Barracuda, but the wheels aren't in great shape any more.

So Bill, if the offer stands, I may very well be interested in the recall wheels if you're willing to part with them.

Maybe I should just send this kit to you for finishing!

You seem to have all of the ideas that never cross my mind! :D

I'll PM you.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Along with getting all of the chassis & engine parts painted & ready for detailing for assembly, the body is pretty much done.

I will be adding a set of PE door locks & the R/T emblems on the rear fenders in the final assembly stages.

I have decided on a "stripe delete" with recall wheels for this build.

Things seem to be moving along now, although still a little slow for my taste.

Steve

photo DSCN5478_zpsbkjteyk8.jpg photo DSCN5476_zpspkqjrvkw.jpg photo DSCN5479_zpsowmmwpxg.jpg