Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Corvair Fuel Coupe Dragster

cobraman

This is just a silly build to keep me busy after finishing the Daytona Cobra. It's the AMT 69 Corvair kit for the body and the chassis and parts are from the Revell Tony Nancy double dragster kit.

corvair%20fuel%20coupe%20001_zpsk84vpddd

Edited by cobraman
spelling error

Ray, Silly..... No way! I love those morphidite drag cars in the era of run what ya brung. I was fortune enough to have a father who loved all forms of racing and used to take me to the races on a regular basis. I am old enough to have seen many a strange combination of years gone by. They all did it in an effort to build a better mouse trap.... Most were brilliant outhouse engineers. IMO al forms of racing have become too sanitary.... I get it.... Insurance, Liability yada yada. we will never see a era like that again. Great thinking out of the box! looking forward to seeing more. Kudo's my friend! Jimmy "RASS"

I love those morphidite drag cars in the era of run what ya brung. I was fortune enough to have a father who loved all forms of racing and used to take me to the races on a regular basis. I am old enough to have seen many a strange combination of years gone by. They all did it in an effort to build a better mouse trap.... Most were brilliant outhouse engineers. IMO al forms of racing have become too sanitary.... I get it.... Insurance, Liability yada yada. we will never see a era like that again. Great thinking out of the box! looking forward to seeing more. Kudo's my friend! Jimmy "RASS"

Which is why racing is so boring today. It used to be you wandered the pits or read the magazines (remember those) to see the different approaches to the same problem. My son sums it up well, now its just cars going in circles. The human element of creativity has been removed for the equality of competition and the cost containment.

Going to enjoy watching this one come together.  I also lived those days.  Remember well when Scotty Scott took a Jeep CJ or whatever they were called in the '60s, lengthened the body, put a blown big-block in it and went match racing.  Then there was also E. J. Potter with his fuel-injected 327 sitting crossways in a Harley frame.  Wild and Wooly and fun to watch.

Ray,

This is great stuff.... Keep em coming.... You can never go wrong with any Kandie Color.... Kandie Apple Red would be super trick! Any Kandie color for that subject matter would be period correct.

Please don't paint it Black!

Jimmy "RASS"

P.S. Right on Mike!

Edited by jwrass