Model Cars Magazine Forum

New projects

Abigdumbkid

Well hello, 

I'm new to the forum but not the hobby. I debated putting this in the introductions, but since I've got projects started, I fugue I'd kill two birds with one stone. I haven't built anything for about 20yrs and decided to get back into it. From left to right: Cop Out original issue, Squad Rod original issue, Smokey the Convoy Chaser, and Toni Foti LAPD Camaro. All rattle can. I figured I'd get the bodies first and spend the winters on interiors. Problem is,  I go for rotator cuff surgery in 3 days. Going to be a busy weekend. I'll be reading up here on my time off. 

20160814_124048.jpg

Welcome to the site! Good luck on the surgery. It seems you like the cop cars. I woke up yesterday thinking I would like to build a 12th scale cop car, but there's not many options for 4door based 12th scale model. Maybe a 57 chevy 4door hardtop cop car? That's about it though.. I can't wait for the re- issue release of the Squad rod l'm thinking I'd like to build one as box art like the one you have.

Thanks for the welcome. I like "slightly over-styled" vehicles. The MPC kits from the 70's and early 80's are my favorite. Just bought a few kits of eBay and can't wait for them to show up. I really try to keep the kits as close to box art as possible.