Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevoom 1:25 Scale Resin/Styrene

JPolli

After drooling over Marlowe Johnson's  tremendous 1:18 die cast Chevoom build, I thought you might enjoy seeing my 1:25 scale resin/styrene Chevoom. This build was a MCW 1966 Chevelle 2dr sedan Resin over the AMT Chezoom Corvair Funny Car chassis, interior tub and engine.  The AMT Chezoom Corvair chassis needed to be lengthened. The front suspension was lowered by using the front leaf springs from the Revell SWC kit.  The interior tub needed to be widened and lengthened and a new dash board was added from my parts box. The front tires are from the AMT Rat Packer F/C kit. The rear M&H slicks are from Speed City Resin.  Cragar wheels are from Speed City Resin along with the driver figurine.  Paint is Tamiya T-S 16 Yellow.  Decals are from PoleCat Decals.  Thanks for looking. 

Chevoom 1.jpg

Chevoom 4.jpg

Chevoom 3.jpg

Chevoom 2.jpg

Edited by JPolli
  • Like 1

Okay, First. Marlowe. Mini Me. Took me awhile to pick myself up off the floor..........Too funny.

Now that I've composed myself, thanks for posting this Jim. What a great replica.

Nice coincidence that you would use the Chezoom to build the Chevoom.

Excellent application of the decals. What? No windshield class / number? Got everything else.

Congratz.

Edited by Nytrozilla

Mike Kucaba: Thanks for the compliment.  The MCW 1966 Chevelle Sedan Resin works very well for building the Chevoom.  However, you will need to move back the rear wheel wells. 

Marlowe Johnson:  Thank you for the Kudos!  Your 1/18 Chevoom build is the standard!   Will be closely following your Jack Christman Roadster build. 

Joe Goss:  Thank you for the compliment:  Great Idea about the windshield class number!  Will consider putting that on. 

Edited by JPolli
Addition