Model Cars Magazine Forum

A reasonably SERIOUS new-tool '70 Charger Revell is hiding in plain sight...

Did some Google searching the FF charger did use 69' tail lights so the kit is correct ,but I hope the stock version will have the right ones.

Watched the movie today and during one shot of the rear of the car you can clearly see the reflectors. However once the tail lights are installed on the model I don't think it will be noticeable anyways.

Nate

This release reminds me of the Revell Dick Landy '68 Charger that came out before the release of the '68 Charger 2 in 1. The Landy could be built only one way and the later 2 in 1 had parts for both stock and race versions with different decals.

Found my Revell 2 in 1 '68 Charger (2008 release date) in my stash. Still had a Hobby Lobby price sticker for $17.99. The new Revell kits are now $29.99 but there is "no inflation" in America, really!  

I just found that the original release of the Landy '68 Charger came out in 1999. The release of the 2 n 1 '68 Charger came out in 2008. I hope Revell doesn't wait that long this time to release a stock '70 Charger.

Edited by magicmustang

Oh no.  If Revell follows its typical m o, I'd guess Spring or Summer of 2017 for the next version.  And while we have no guarantees, I'd bet on the full-width R/T taillight treatment for that one, thanks to the F&F parts arrangement.

One thing to keep in mind about the movie cars is that there was probably a number of 'em for each flick.  Some may have had '70 taillights and reflectors and others may not.  That would probably account for why there are none visible in one still, while they're clearly there perhaps in another scene.

Yup. Car-to-car variance also opens up a little license for Revell in this case, which makes it all the more impressive to me that the base kit seems so solid. Getting more and more excited about what it portends for the next version.

Got another car I hafta paint black, might just rotate this one up with it...

Great Pic, Jesse! Makes me laugh.  Does not look like the blower belt even spins. Wow. You can see how heavy even the fake is by noting how stout the aluminium bars are that it hold it up. Got any other shots like that?

A little digging found this 

Image result for fast and furious charger engine shots

Image result for fast and furious charger engine shots

Edited by Daddyfink

Even though this rendition dosen't reflect a "real' 70 R/T going by the 69 rear (for now until an SE 2 in 1 comes out sooner or later), at least all the non R/T/SS guys can get creative and make their plain jane 318 cars with the F&F kit instead of moanin about things. 

Gotta agree with Alex, the griping and personal attacks are the reasons why I'm not on here often. People cannot be thankful for anything and gripe if the smallest thing is wrong or not right (though the 90 Mustang LX roof is still kinda funky while the monograms made in the 80s/90s got it closer). I dealt with the madness on CLG (Closing Logos Group) Wiki with the trolls and users who think rare logo findings are fake and demote everyone, but now i see these people are all over the internet.

Edited by RickRollerLT1

Dummy Blowers are nothing new in Movie Cars. The Falcon in Mad Max always had a Phony Blower. With an even Phonier Clutchable Drive Belt.

Which is funny because nowadays, such a thing could be plausable. There are mowers now that have electronically activated clutch mechanisms that engage the mower deck.

AC compressors have had electric clutches driven by thermostats for 50+ years.

THe LS motor surprised me. Chrysler got enough film time they shuld have tossed in some crate motors. But, the Sweater that runs FCA is too stupid to see 8 movies worth of advertising. 

AC compressors have had electric clutches driven by thermostats for 50+ years.

THe LS motor surprised me. Chrysler got enough film time they shuld have tossed in some crate motors. But, the Sweater that runs FCA is too stupid to see 8 movies worth of advertising. 

In all fairness to the Sweater in Italy, the suits in Germany were still in charge back in 2001 when the first movie came out. 

I agree, but the new Charger police cars, Dom's various black Chargers, the evil black Cuda, the Challenger, the Jeep, all are lustworthy, and hype the brand. The latest movies have been even moreso, and I seriously doubt FCA cares. Even the Jensen Letty drove had Chrysler power (thing was cool). Dumb, huge cross marketing possibility. Marchionne (The Sweater) is a micromanaging megalomaniac like Piech (not as smart as him though). Sad. 

The Chrysler of 2001 was responsible for the reason we got the Charger of 2006. IIRC, Car & Driver magazine had said that of all the cars they have featured over the years since the mag's existence, they have NEVER received such an abundance of hate mail and negative emails about one particular car. When C&D showed what was an artist's rendering of the car (I seem to remember it was late '04), the super howls of protest began. That rendering turned out to be dead on accurate, and the protests got even louder when the car debuted.

Practically all of their readers (including myself) were VERY disappointed not so much that the car had four doors, but that it looked NOTHING like the beautiful Charger show car that was storming the circuit in 1999-2000. I can't be certain on this but at the time that car was making the rounds, there was some major shake-ups going on within Chrysler, and eventually DB bought them out. 

Of course, "DB knows best" and foisted the thing on a very angry enthusiasts market. Sure the car sold, and performed well especially with the Hemi, but the looks of it just didn't say "Charger".

Fast forward to 2011, and lo and behold we get a new style Charger that now looked liked it should have looked when the '06's came out. I see them everywhere, and for what's not an old car at all with the '06 -10 models-----they've all but disappeared, at least in my neck of the woods.

It's hard to say what will become of Chrysler now that Fiat has taken over. I'm hearing rumblings that the Charger and its siblings (300 and Challenger) are going by way of the Dodo Bird after '18. I really would hate to see that, but given the current state of affairs with FCA, I wouldn't be totally shocked. :(