Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri is asking for new kit subject requests.

chuckyr

OK, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!  Italeri is asking for what new subjects you would like as kits.  Send them .JPG file format photos of your choices to "photo@italeri.com", BEFORE AUGUST 27.  This is your opportunity to let them know what we want.  From what I have been told by Italeri over the years through correspondences is that they generally will consider "typically" American truck subjects.  To Europeans, "typical" means conventional, not cabovers.  But you can send them whatever.  Excuses stop here.  They are asking, give them answers!     http://italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=681

For American subjects, I'm not a fan of big rigs, but I would like to see some of the 30-40s COEs. I sent suggestions for some of the less common pickups such as the already mentioned D-100 and also the Studebaker and International pickups. Also since Revell is doing the first gen Bronco, it would be nice to see a first gen IH Scout.

I think this thread would be more fun if people posted what ideas they submitted! :P

Good point. I kept it simple. I want to see more modern kits. Let's see some kits based on current vehicles. No offense to anyone here, but personally, the Pete 359 and similar Kenworths are of no interest to me. They're old and dated looking to me. I want to see modern rigs, such as the new Western Star 5700XE.

WS%205700XE%20-%20001_zps2rid5vlj.jpg

To that end, how about some pickup kits from this decade?

Ram trucks, new generation GM trucks, and heaven forbid...Fords.

2016%20Ram%20Rebel_zps2up9ym61.jpg

2016%20GMC%20Sierra%201500_zpsg6nydvae.j

Good point. I kept it simple. I want to see more modern kits. Let's see some kits based on current vehicles. No offense to anyone here, but personally, the Pete 359 and similar Kenworths are of no interest to me. They're old and dated looking to me. I want to see modern rigs, such as the new Western Star 5700XE.

Funny, because to me, the new stuff is fugly and has no style or elegance.  I find those above "heavy" looking with clunky styling.  One man's meat...

I'm not holding my breath for anything interesting from Italeri, I suspect military and aircraft kits are the priority.  We'll be lucky if we get another boring Volvo or Scania.

• 1 month later...

WS%205700XE%20-%20001_zps2rid5vlj.jpg

2016%20Ram%20Rebel_zps2up9ym61.jpg

2016%20GMC%20Sierra%201500_zpsg6nydvae.j

You mean trucks that are built for aerodynamics and fuel efficiency and will shortly be self driving? No thanks, I want old pre 70's American iron, something that I will never see from Italeri.

You mean trucks that are built for aerodynamics and fuel efficiency and will shortly be self driving? No thanks, I want old pre 70's American iron, something that I will never see from Italeri.

Correct! There are plenty of kits out there that cater to the vintage crowd. I think the kit manufacturers should also be catering to the people like me that want modern kits.