Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 AMX Big Bad Green

Sport Suburban

Beautiful build Raoul. Like bill stated, I too have collected the same parts to do one of those. I was also able to get enough scraps together to build a 1/20 scale '68. and '69 AMX. I built one of those when  was in Elementary school, as I used some of my newsboy money to buy the kit from the neighborhood Rambler dealership which was a block from my school.

Beautiful build Raoul. Like bill stated, I too have collected the same parts to do one of those. I was also able to get enough scraps together to build a 1/20 scale '68. and '69 AMX. I built one of those when  was in Elementary school, as I used some of my newsboy money to buy the kit from the neighborhood Rambler dealership which was a block from my school.

Thanks and it is tough digging up parts for these old builds. Sometimes going resin. Here is a resin 70 Javelin that I bought about 2010. It was just a body kit from Dencon Resin. bumpers are Modelhaus, the chassis and interior were cast by me but dash is Missing Link (70 AMX, but same). Interior from a promo and chassis from a mint 68 Javelin kit that I have yet to build. Engine and wheels are from other donors. I resold the promo and in this pic all I needed was glass. I have mint glass from the 68 kit but was not able to get them vacuum formed. I have a few friends that were going to help me form them but somehow it never happened. My 70 promo parts car that cast the interior and foil cast the emblems was sold on ebay but had no glass, damaged roof and no a pillars. Then another 70 Javelin build up pops up on ebay and I bid and win. It has great glass, no hood and a Ford motor in it. Turns out it is a great rebuilder and I wish I started with it instead. I take the glass and finish this 70. It is so new I have not photographed the finished model yet. So now I have this nice builder that needs a hood and glass. So I ask my normal trading friends if anyone has this stuff as now I can't order another Modelhaus hood. Glass I figured was not going to happen. Turns out a friend has recently gotten another 70 promo that the body is busted up but the hood is good, and he has perfect glass too! Now I just need a motor for it but that is no problem.

Edited by Sport Suburban

Stunning....simply stunning and depressing, you beat me to the punch! I also have a AMX in the works which will wear the big bad blue colors, Keith Marks Decals and a somewhat correct engine bay/inner fender arraingement but yours looks Awesome. Though there is not much/no detail for the interior or chassis, I found a chassis similar if not the same as what you use with molded in exhaust. I'm just trying to fabricate a engine firewall at the moment and then hope everything comes together......till then.

If and when time permits I do have a particular AMC I completed but not yet photographed of a car I actually owned

Edited by satterwhite78
added info

Yes. I have owned it since 92 and it is my first car. I grew up in it and it was my moms car from about 82. It's no longer a daily driver but gets attention when I have extra funds.

That is one sweeeet ride, I'm jealous. Awesome it's a true family member. Apologises for hijacking the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...