Model Cars Magazine Forum

88 Times a Day....Smartphones

10thumbs

The parents that have well paid jobs can afford to send their kids to very expensive and elite schools, this starts at elementary level.  These are the future elite of Europe.  Middle class, take your pick....insurance agent, carpenter or mechanic, bank or legal secretary, small self employed shop owners, regular working class folks....no way can they afford to have their kids attend a decent school anymore.

Instead, my opinion, the lesser affluent kids have their heads down while walking a straight line through paradise, and prefer playing social games.

Kids from families better off , better education, better view of life and it's dangers....better education....don't do it like this.  Plus, they are actually able to communicate!  My German is quite fluent, also in dialects, yet these kids talk to me in excellent English.  They can communicate eye to eye!  Love it.

I've been an expat kid for half my life, so i can slightly weigh into this situation. Due to the fact my dad got send abroad the company he worked for payed for our schooling as kids (due to the high prices of international schools). We "had" to go to international schools due to the countries we got send to (asian and middle eastern countries). However that started for me when i was 10 years old, before that ive just been to regular public school's here in holland. and after my return to holland ive been to public college, and also a private uni/college.

Now to weigh in on the subject, it makes no difference wether you have been in public or private schools, both types of students use their smart phones constantly (i'm one of them aswell i must admit, however since i got rid of facebook its gone down with atleast 50%!). However at public schools, the rules are the same as private school's aka no phones during class, however at public schools they hardly enforce them, in private schools they do, even at the uni i went to they would confiscate it for the rest of the day and you were able to pick it up the next school day at the reception. 2nd time youd have to hand it in for 2 days etc etc, untill 7 times then ud loze it for a full week and parents/guardians would get called in for a firm talk... although i cant confirm that it really went that way as ive never been one to use them during class....

Between classes or during breaktimes and before/after school you wouldnt notice the difference between public and private as everyone would immediately get their phones out to check their facebook or whatsapp or what ever they use and have notifications of (even without them most people still check those apps to see if they "missed" anything). This goes for the countries i lived in abroad as well as back here in holland.

This is ofcorse my personal opinion and observation on this subject.

Edited by JeroenM3