Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProStreetOnTheStrip

Slick Identification?

ill say it right now, not sure where to post it but it's related to models 

I am fixing up a built up 49 merc, but it's missing a wheel and tire, but the tires are very strange...

one side says Goodyear blue streak.

the other says M&H Racemaster...

the tread feels like what a record feels like.

plus I don't know what wheels they are...anyone knowimage.thumb.jpg.08391d56487ac50c8c113e2f

image.thumb.jpg.93eb6ff9ff0d18597cf16c93

I believe those came in AMT kits starting about 1969 or so. Dunno when they disappeared. They're VERY nice slicks and I wish they were available again. I'm hoarding a couple sets for some "special" builds in the future.

Don't know about the wheels, but the slicks were found in a few AMT kits in the 1969-70 era.  As soon as you mentioned the record-like tread I knew the ones you're referring too.   

The only kits that I'm 100% certain contain those slicks are the '69 Camaro annual/Indy pace car and the "ACellerator" Corvette.  I think the original Allison Thunderland kit had them too.  

Here's a picture of the car. As built by last owner, I'm guessing sometime in the 70's?? Nothing anything close to modern on the car

it has a 440 and a Dana as installed

sounds like I'm gonna have to find something just similar to the tire, dug through all my parts bins, I think it's gone for good

image.thumb.jpg.f8305bc18e04aa0301b1b99b

image.thumb.jpg.a40de14cb75292508dd86bf8