Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Farm Truck

This was a '50 F-1 kit that I got from a fellow modeler years ago. It sat for a bit, until I decided to do it as an old farm truck. I'd originally planned to build it up as something of a junkyard-parts cobble job, so I decided to keep with that theme as well. Close proximity of a Schieber goat on the workbench led me to make it a livestock hauler. 

The truck as a coil-spring 4x4 front axle and transfer case from a '78 F-150, engine, transmission, and radiator from a '69 F-100, a '57 Ford hood ornament, '83 T-Bird grille, '65 Mustang tail lamps, and other assorted cast-off doodads. The rear body was scratchbuilt from basswood, plastic, and metal rod. The baby goat and sheep are Schieber pieces. I'd originally planned to weather the hood and cab to match the fenders, but I liked the way the rust base came out so well that I decided to just make that the overall color for those parts... and repeat it on a '30 Model A body. 

• 3 weeks later...