Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beemax Audi Quattro

martinfan5

On 2/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, 89AKurt said:

Had to get the Reji resin wheels and Michelin gravel tires, and the guillotine windows.  Now I have everything available at this time.

IMG_1627_Fotor.jpg

Kurt, what is your take on the gravel tires?  Are they Michelin?  I bought the Buffum kit and the things came with slicks.  I need to build a gravel spec car, can you provide a good picture of what you have, and where to source them?  Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Sorry to drag up an old post but I need help.

My son gave me the Beemax Quattro Sport S1 E2 model for my Birthday last year and I'm about to start constructing it, however I really want to use the Detail-Up kit and it appears that Beemax have ceased producing it.
My question is A, does anyone know where I can get one, or B would anyone have a kit they would be willing to sell?

Many thanks
Andy B.

5 hours ago, Andy Butcher said:

Hi all

Sorry to drag up an old post but I need help.

My son gave me the Beemax Quattro Sport S1 E2 model for my Birthday last year and I'm about to start constructing it, however I really want to use the Detail-Up kit and it appears that Beemax have ceased producing it.
My question is A, does anyone know where I can get one, or B would anyone have a kit they would be willing to sell?

Many thanks
Andy B.

The kit and P/E were just reissued within the past quarter, so finding the set should be a matter of it coming back into stock. HobbyEasy has it available right now.

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/yhscujkx2t21xduzokc7.html

On another note, anyone know if the gravel wheel set is available yet?  I have the car up on jacks at service, and there are no proper wheels and tires to go on for gravel spec.   The Buffum Olympus car has the wrong pavement wheels and tires....sigh.

2 hours ago, steveracer said:

On another note, anyone know if the gravel wheel set is available yet?  I have the car up on jacks at service, and there are no proper wheels and tires to go on for gravel spec.   The Buffum Olympus car has the wrong pavement wheels and tires....sigh.

As posted right before this thread was revived, Reji Models did do a gravel set of wheels and tires for it. You can order things directly from Reji although it takes a minor song and dance to pay for things. There are a number of vendors in the UK & EU that carry their product line as well.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:20 AM, niteowl7710 said:

As posted right before this thread was revived, Reji Models did do a gravel set of wheels and tires for it. You can order things directly from Reji although it takes a minor song and dance to pay for things. There are a number of vendors in the UK & EU that carry their product line as well.

thanks, I looked there and they have discontinued this.  I will have to try an email or other communication to see if they will re-pop a few new sets.  

On 10/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, steveracer said:

Kurt, what is your take on the gravel tires?  Are they Michelin?  I bought the Buffum kit and the things came with slicks.  I need to build a gravel spec car, can you provide a good picture of what you have, and where to source them?  Thanks.

Oh man, sorry I missed this so long ago.  It's still sitting in the stash, on top of the pile, but I've been in a building drought for awhile.  The detail of the tread looks realistic.  But as recent comments are indicating, no longer available?  That's why I buy stuff when I see it, and not think about, learned that lesson awhile ago.

• Thanks 1

Kurt I bought another 323gtx and as usual my projects grow up to full scale for summer and downsize in winter!  So I have some time to find wheel/tires for the Buffum car.  I bought gravel tires separate but they are too small and more like 14” tires.  

• Like 1