Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Ford Gasser

Snake45

Tossing my 2 cents in here... Like all Revells 57s, they are okay. detailed nice but the bodies are far from accurate. Dash is really bad and needs a lot of work or swapped with the AMT. Same with the front valance and bumper,  wrong and should be swapped with the AMT parts.

There is a list of the issues on the original Del Rio review post

Sad part is, the wrong parts of the body are actually correct on the old Revell '57 Rancheros.

Body-wise, the fix is not tough, but time consuming.

Really bummed me when I saw this kits reviews because I planned to have a bunch of all the '57's on the shelf, now I just have one sedan and one wagon. Not doing any more.

0814150957-00.jpg.58d8c2dc4d278ec06be57167f629584a.jpg

0828151350-00.thumb.jpg.71635a9d4ee53bf65ed4c25d02374bdb.jpg

00J0J_lWb82aSeIXp_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Sledsel

• 9 months later...
On 8/22/2016 at 1:14 PM, FordRodnKustom said:

gasserparts48_2116-vi.jpg

Hmmmm, maybe there was a second Revell '57 Ford wagon variant/kit planned?:

revell57fordtestshotparts.thumb.jpg.c211f7a5c4742aa23c0a97397c017b34.jpg

Among the group of parts in the lower left quadrant appears to be a rear bumper sans guards (from the Wagon, I'm assuming?) and a set of double 5-spoke wheels which never appeared in any of the semi-recent four Revell '57 Ford kits to my knowledge. Maybe these parts are from another kit, though, and the rear bumper isn't for a '57 Ford wagon.

Edited by Casey

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Hmmmm, maybe there was a second Revell '57 Ford wagon variant/kit planned?:

revell57fordtestshotparts.thumb.jpg.c211f7a5c4742aa23c0a97397c017b34.jpg

Among the group of parts in the lower left quadrant appears to be a rear bumper sans guards (from the Wagon, I'm assuming?) and a set of double 5-spoke wheels which never appeared in any of the semi-recent four Revell '57 Ford kits to my knowledge. Maybe these parts are from another kit, though, and the rear bumper isn't for a '57 Ford wagon.

Before the Hobbico Chapter 11, there was another variant of the Revell '57 Ford tool underway; it had reached the test shot stage about a year ago.   Sorry guys, not a new body casting or anything like that, but just a further variant of the existing tool set requiring a few new parts.   I only saw it for a minute; I don't recall if the parts you note Casey were part of the project.  TIM   

On 11/14/2018 at 7:13 AM, tim boyd said:

Before the Hobbico Chapter 11, there was another variant of the Revell '57 Ford tool underway; it had reached the test shot stage about a year ago.

Was this variant based upon the Sedan or Wagon? Or maybe neither? B)

On 8/25/2016 at 1:02 PM, keyser said:

The question I asked was about rear bumper. Front is ok. 

Rear bumper should have 2 tiny bumps on either side of license plate area that are small bumper guards and place for license light. Kit has none. Guess it's my problem as will be pointed out soon ;)

Sorry for confusion

Just so people don't yell at me and my silly bumperguards, here's a vid of a Courier gasser that'd be easy conversion 

15951477616_5e865d9a61.jpg70744_Rear_3-4_Web.jpgImage result for 1957 ford del rio wagon

That sounds oh, so good!... ??