Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fireball AFB Max Wedge Carbs

I got my Carter AFB carbs for my Max Wedge 426 Plymouth Super Stock today from Fireball Modelworks and all I can say is...Holy Moly!! Joseph has done it again. We never had such detail in carburetors like these. Couldn't wait to test mount on my cross ram wedge, take a look. They are dead on compared to the actual picture.

I always look forward to Fireball's new stuff. 

cross-ram.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1325.JPG

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Edited by BobbyG
Add picture

The AFB's look great! We really need a Holley single 4 barrel with the "LeMans" float bowls for the single 4 barrel intake used on hemis for NASCAR racing. Also the carb used by most during the late 60's for NASCAR. Same carb came on a Shelby GT-350 and the single 4 barrel 427 Cobra.

66_Nascar_Charger11_zpsjkm6kkb0.jpg

Edited by Bill J

Joseph's turnaround, product quality and his customer service is second to none. He responds very quickly and the best part is he accepts PayPal to make it easy on everyone. Can't wait for some more carbs and wheel/tire combos for the new Revell Bronco (old one), hopefully!

• 2 weeks later...

These AFB's are the best I have seen so far.
Unfortunately the kit manufacturers doesn't provide good carburetor detailing with a few exceptions, and mostly that's okay for models where the carburetor is covered by an aircleaner, but for models with exposed carbs we need better ones than what's available in the kits.
I agree with the request of the Holley 4150 series carbs with the LeMans float bowls, we really need these for several subjects, as well as good high detail Holley 4160 series carbs for the 68 Hemi Dart's and Barracuda's.

Edited by Force

Ironically, a made a plain, old 1968 AVS carb earlier this year but I haven't put it into production because I thought nobody would want it!

25%20AVS%20Complete.jpg

Well, I know its not a huge sale, but make them and I'll take the 1st ten right out of the box. as well as a few sets of hemi carbs, probably even a few sets of max wedge carbs

Absolutely gorgeous detail.  Are these resin copies out of a silicone mold, or are they 3D printed? 

These are resin copies. Greg.  I 3D print the masters and mold them,  Since the detail is so fine and the 3D parts are so fragile, it's a destructive process-- the masters are broken upon demolding.  But urethane resin is much stronger than the UV resin used in the masters, so fine details like vent tubes and levers are stronger on the final product.  When I need to make new molds, I simply print more 3D masters.