Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Olds 442 Hardtop

Ron Hamilton

I saved a Johan body for this procject; marrying Johan and Revell. Any fit problems ? I find mixing kit manufacturers is a challenge

To me, it was not too difficult, but the cuts on the body have to be precise, and there is a little scratch building involved. The hardest part was joining the JoHan package shelf to the Revell interior floor and sides, Also, the Johan rear bumper must be used, as the Revell bumper is too wide,

Very nice !!! Is it a resin body or a Johan one ? To me this kit is one of the best Muscle Car kit available, still have to build mine also.... ;)

No, it is basically a mish-mash of the Revell kit, and the roof section and rear bumper from the JoHan kit.

Thanks for the kind remarks on the build.

A funny side note on the Dog Dish caps, back in the day when these cars were new, or available to be purchased, If I were to buy a car, I would have never considered a set of doggies, but as I have gotten older, I appreciated the look, and built several muscle car models with them, as they look great with deepened wheels, and an upgraded tire, either red lines, or white lettered. Whitewalls with doggies always looked cheap to me, especially on a full sized upper level car. Even black walls always looked better with them to me.

I picked up several sets of dog dish caps in resin over the years, and I have some sets left to install on some future builds.

To me, stance and running stock is very important,

• 1 year later...