Model Cars Magazine Forum

Platz/NuNu Models BMW M6 GT3

martinfan5

That's cause we said HobbyEASY out of Hong Kong, not 1999. 

So, after yet another push back from Hobby Search to mid November for their shipping of the BMW, I broke down and ordered two more from other distributors. I've got one from M&S Hobbies and the other from Hobby Easy. So hopefully I'll have one of them in hand after the weekend. The one from HK is already en route to Canada and if it clears customs quickly I could see it as early as Monday.

I ordered the Castrol decals I want from Patto's Place, so here's hoping they fit well enough. I already plan on doing one OOB since I bought a set of AMG decals to do the 2nd place car from Spa for the same year as the BMW. Not sure yet what I'll do on the third one. 

So, after yet another push back from Hobby Search to mid November for their shipping of the BMW, I broke down and ordered two more from other distributors. I've got one from M&S Hobbies and the other from Hobby Easy. So hopefully I'll have one of them in hand after the weekend. The one from HK is already en route to Canada and if it clears customs quickly I could see it as early as Monday.

I ordered the Castrol decals I want from Patto's Place, so here's hoping they fit well enough. I already plan on doing one OOB since I bought a set of AMG decals to do the 2nd place car from Spa for the same year as the BMW. Not sure yet what I'll do on the third one. 

It's all the impracticalities of having a second layer of distribution. Someday when I die and all of life's mysteries are revealed to me, someone will tell me why this wasn't just distributed as a Beemax kit through Aoshima, rather than this new company and distribution through Platz. It's like the Belkits Volkswagen Polos those have been out for months now, but Aoshima is only distributing  them in Japan starting in December. The Beemax Volvos look like they might be ready to go this month in Hong Kong, but when shown at a hobby show today in Japan the Aoshima placard said early 2018.

The guy from S.K. Decals and myself did a crash course of photo referencing once the M6 started to be distributed and the art work is done to make a supplement sheet for the 2016 Macau GT Rowe car. 98% of the decals are already in the kit for the #98 car we just had to add an associate sponsorship or two and make the new driver decals, and Macau GT specific number placards and windshield banner. Hopefully it'll go out to the printer with the Gr. A Sierras he's working on and be available before Chrsitmas. Then the focus will be to make the Macau GT AMG cars which were that Green Hell Mango color - Gravity Colors to the rescue!

Edited by niteowl7710

It's all the impracticalities of having a second layer of distribution. Someday when I die and all of life's mysteries are revealed to me, someone will tell me why this wasn't just distributed as a Beemax kit through Aoshima, rather than this new company and distribution through Platz. It's like the Belkits Volkswagen Polos those have been out for months now, but Aoshima is only distributing  them in Japan starting in December. The Beemax Volvos look like they might be ready to go this month in Hong Kong, but when shown at a hobby show today in Japan the Aoshima placard said early 2018.

The guy from S.K. Decals and myself did a crash course of photo referencing once the M6 started to be distributed and the art work is done to make a supplement sheet for the 2016 Macau GT Rowe car. 98% of the decals are already in the kit for the #98 car we just had to add an associate sponsorship or two and make the new driver decals, and Macau GT specific number placards and windshield banner. Hopefully it'll go out to the printer with the Gr. A Sierras he's working on and be available before Chrsitmas. Then the focus will be to make the Macau GT AMG cars which were that Green Hell Mango color - Gravity Colors to the rescue!

That cool about the Macau decals James, let me know when you have some shots of them, I'd like to see. I'll probably do an IMSA car too, RLL #24 likely from the July race with the 4th of July livery. I'll likely do a Turner one at some point too since I have the Z4 in the Turner livery to do yet as well. I think 2018 is going to be a GT year for me. I plan on getting my Ford GTLM done, I'm seriously considering buying myself one of Profil 24's Vantages that was just released, the boat load of AMG's and BMW's I have planned. I've got a Porsche 991 to do for my 24hrs of Daytona build, I still have a Viper GTSR to finish off and BMW Z4 GTD car, a BMW Z4 GTLM car, another Corvette.....and I have a diecast 488 I want to convert...but that'll be late next year. Also, Scale Auto has plans to release a 2016 version of the Audi R8 LM and the Hurrican GT. That looks like my entire year planned out already. Ok, I'm going to shut up now.