Model Cars Magazine Forum

Platz/NuNu Models BMW M6 GT3

martinfan5

We seen this at Shizuoka Hobby Show in May, well, it was cardboard announcement of it, but there wasnt a lot of info that came with it, but now we have some more idea about it,  set to be released in Dec, and will set you back 3230 yen.

http://hlj.com/product/PLZPN24001

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10410658

10410658b_zpsx5avjlnk.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Studio27 already has relationships with Rowe Racing, Walkenhorst Racing, Schubert Racing & Boutson Ginion Racing which are all running the M6 in the Blancpain Endurance Series as well as the 2016 24hrs of Nurburgring from a few months ago.

There are also 2 teams in Super GT using the M6, but Studio27 hasn't done much with Super GT, most likely because Fujimi was doing so many things like the Studie BMW Z4 as kits. Studie is running the M6 as well as the Autobacs team.

Edited by niteowl7710

Studio27 already has relationships with Rowe Racing, Walkenhorst Racing, Schubert Racing & Boutson Ginion Racing which are all running the M6 in the Blancpain Endurance Series as well as the 2016 24hrs of Nurburgring from a few months ago.

There are also 2 teams in Super GT using the M6, but Studio27 hasn't done much with Super GT, most likely because Fujimi was doing so many things like the Studie BMW Z4 as kits. Studie is running the M6 as well as the Autobacs team.

Which means we will have more decals for this kit at some point.

Looking very forward to this myself. Along with the C7R from Revell. Scale Auto just released some test shots of their Porsche 991 GT3 car, that was announced like 2yrs ago now. And then Carrera's coming out with the new Ford GT LM car, man, too many GT cars for me to buy and build. Gonna be a busy winter.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Have one ordered. Looks good so far. Need a Hobby Design detail up set now.......

Looks pretty good to me too. And yes definitely needs a HD detail up set and I'm sure we'll see some Studio 27 decals sets down the road too. I got mine pre-ordered as well. 

David

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So if anyone still cares. It looks like this should be hitting the major Asian distributors very soon, maybe even this week. There are a couple vendors on Ebay selling them. One is selling his pre-orders and another looks like the actually has a few. Both are priced much more than HLJ or Hobby Search... I didnt look at anyone else as I have a pre-order in with Hobby Search already.

Another guy on a FB group I am part of got his today. He got it from a Chinese vendor...my guess is a few fell off a truck. So, since they're seeping out into the world I'm hopeful that mine will ship this upcoming week.

They've also added a PE set separate from the kit, PE, seat belt material and CF decals. So should help spruce the kit up some.

Now we just need vendors to do some decals...

I'm hoping for this

vodafone_bmw_m6_gt3_zps08mp5igg.jpg

Mine is about 20 miles from my house tangled in the USPS mess they usually make before a Federal Holiday. Guess I gotta wait til Tuesday.  HobbyEasy has their kits in already, since the 28th actually. 

As for Chinese vendors,  NuNu Hobby is based in H.K., so they're selling their own product there, Platz is just the Japanese distributor. Similar to the way Aoshima distributes Beemax, but you can get Beemax kits from Macau/H.K. 2-3 weeks earlier via in-country vendors

Edited by niteowl7710

Mine is about 20 miles from my house tangled in the USPS mess they usually make before a Federal Holiday. Guess I gotta wait til Tuesday.  HobbyEasy has their kits in already, since the 28th actually. 

As for Chinese vendors,  NuNu Hobby is based in H.K., so they're selling their own product their, Platz is just the Japanese distributor. Similar to the way Aoshima distributes Beemax, but you can get Beemax kits from Macau/H.K. 2-3 weeks earlier via in-country vendors

Oh, I added the PE set to mine and I guess it isnt in at Hobby Search yet then, cause mine still hasnt shipped.

I am in same boat as James, ours were shipped at the same time( I did not add the upgrade set but have it on pre order at HLJ) , the tracking last time it was updated showed it departed Los Angeles sort center and it should be in the Phoenix sort center by now.

I did add the Detail Up Set, and mine still shipped. I have 2 more kits & P/E sets on order at HLJ as well.

Patto's Decals has 6 or 8 liveries already done for the M6, but I've never worked with his stuff before.

I would avoid his decals, he gets his artwork from the sim community , and all his decals are sized to fit his slot cars. Not to say they wont work.

Edited by martinfan5

I would avoid his decals, he gets his artwork from the sim community , and all his decals are sized to fit his slot cars. Not to say they wont work.

Bruce's decals are fine. Yes they're off of sim communities, but they fit and work fine. I used them on my Biffle Fusion kit and there were no major issues with fitment. The only thing that didnt line up were the roof flap outlines since on the slot bodies they're just there with decals. But in my case it wasnt an issue since they car was black anyways, and you really have to look to see the decal lines. You just CAN NOT use regular clears over them, need to use Future or something similar.

I've got another set for my C7R that I'm hoping to get started on this weekend, finally. And I just ordered another set yesterday for the new Tamiya AMG GT. So we'll see how they sort out soon. 

Edited by Jhedir6

Bruce's decals are fine. Yes they're off of sim communities, but they fit and work fine. I used them on my Biffle Fusion kit and there were no major issues with fitment. The only thing that didnt line up were the roof flap outlines since on the slot bodies they're just there with decals. But in my case it wasnt an issue since they car was black anyways, and you really have to look to see the decal lines. You just CAN NOT use regular clears over them, need to use Future or something similar.

I've got another set for my C7R that I'm hoping to get started on this weekend, finally. And I just ordered another set yesterday for the new Tamiya AMG GT. So we'll see how they sort out soon. 

Never said they were not fine, I was trying to point out that they might not fit the bodies they are made for because he sizes them to use on his slot car bodies and not kit bodies, Ive used his decals in the past but have not in a long time.