Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now what do I do with it ?

The Wife came home from the Goodwill store with a Monogram 59 Pink Caddy kit. Complete partially built (engine, interior and chassis) unpainted and a clean job of gluing.

For $3 is kinda of cool but I am not much on Cads. I thinking maybe drop a Hemi in it with some of those rubber band wheels and tires, dropped in to the weeds with some kind bright flake paint (maybe pink). 

Any ideas ?

Sounds like Swap Fodder to me.

Either that, or lay a nice shiny pink paint job on it and give it to her for her office, cubicle, or lady-cave. She'll adore you for it. :wub: What woman doesn't love a Pink Cadillac? 

I wouldn't use it for swap fodder, remember a happy wife=happy life!:lol: She may get......for a lack of a PG term.....upset that you didn't like what she got you when clearly she was thinking of you. I agree with building it for her, and if not for her, then at least make it something like the roadster idea. 

Of course, if you use it for something custom, I might need the stock wheels! :lol: I got a secondhand partial built from a friend that I had bought it for as a birthday gift for him when we were teenagers, but some of the parts have gone MIA!

The wife has a good eye for finding things for me such a new or old Hotwheel Mustang or Mopar. She seems to find these kits at the Goodwill often (after I walk past them). She always asks me to buy or not and knows a few end up as "Parts". There is no emotional connection to a Pink Cad so I am free to do as I like with it. 

Still like the shorten thing with a Hemi , dropped with rubber band tires. I will keep you in mind highway if I don't use the stock ones 

The wife has a good eye for finding things for me such a new or old Hotwheel Mustang or Mopar. She seems to find these kits at the Goodwill often (after I walk past them). She always asks me to buy or not and knows a few end up as "Parts". There is no emotional connection to a Pink Cad so I am free to do as I like with it. 

Still like the shorten thing with a Hemi , dropped with rubber band tires. I will keep you in mind highway if I don't use the stock ones 

Thanks Jon. 

Does your wife work in an office and have her own desk? Or a desk at home?  Perhaps you could turn it into a business card holder ( card CADDY) or some kind of useful desk decoration for her or yourself.  She will like it that you returned her caring gesture for you by making it a unique item.  Maybe a cool place to park a computer mouse or post it notes.  I'm sure you will think of something nice.

Shorten that puppy up and make it a 2 seat roadster.

Usually I can find photos of what I'm thinking in Google image searches, but it seems to let me down this time, so I just made my own - take Rob Shmit's mild custom  seen in the Favorite Caddy thread and lose a good chunk of the middle. But in order to make it look right, instead of moving the rear wheels forward along with the body, they'd look more factory-ish if they ended up centered within the 'moved-forward' section.

57be8072f07f8_59_Cadshort.thumb.jpg.7e80

Edited by Russell C
fix link bug

Usually I can find photos of what I'm thinking in Google image searches, but it seems to let me down this time, so I just made my own - take Rob Shmit's mild custom  seen in the Favorite Caddy thread and lose a good chunk of the middle. But in order to make it look right, instead of moving the rear wheels forward along with the body, they'd look more factory-ish if they ended up centered within the 'moved-forward' section.

57be8072f07f8_59_Cadshort.thumb.jpg.7e80

Thanks gives me a good idea of the outcome