Model Cars Magazine Forum

1924 Fiat Mefistofele

Harry P.

This is the recent (2015) Italeri release of a car that was built for one reason only: to break the existing land speed record (which it did). Scale is 1/12, and if any of you have any questions or want further info on this car or this kit, a fully detailed, blow-by-blow WIP can be found here.

The only thing I haven't finished is the hood hold-down straps. At this scale, I can't make the buckles functional, let alone last through more than one or two openings/closings, so I'm showing the model here with one last chance to see the engine. Once I install the belts, the hood is shut for good. I will post new photos of the model once the straps are installed. But for now, I'll call it "finished."

finished10_zpsqxzwsj9u.jpg

finished9_zpsqqj7agox.jpg

finished8_zpsgbtr7scq.jpg

Harry....simply gorgeous!  

It's your call to make, of course, but if it were me, I''d forego that straps and leave that incredible engine compartment available to show off from now until....well....many, many years from now.  

Way to go!   TIM 

Harry....simply gorgeous!  

It's your call to make, of course, but if it were me, I''d forego that straps and leave that incredible engine compartment available to show off from now until....well....many, many years from now.  

Way to go!   TIM 

I agree about the straps. Incredible model, Harry!

Sam

You did a stunning work and the result is wonderful :o:wub:

May I ask you how you procedd to obtain such pictures: your model wich looks as though it floats in a pure white atmosphere  ?

The model was photographed on a bright white paper background, then I used Photoshop to adjust the brightness and contrast so that the background becomes pure white.