Model Cars Magazine Forum

1924 Fiat Mefistofele

Harry P.

I figured out a way for the model to be displayed with the hood straps connected, or with the hood open, without having to mess with opening and closing the tiny buckles. I built the straps as one piece, buckled, and permanently attached the straps and the brackets on the left side of the body. For the right side, I made new brackets out of solder, flattened the ends, drilled holes in the flattened ends, and inserted tiny brass nails, superglued to the bracket. Then I attached the ends of the straps to these brackets. The long brass nails fit into holes I drilled in the wooden frame rail cap, and are a friction fit, holding the closed straps tight against the hood. If I want to open the hood, all I do is pull out the brackets.

Come on Harry, stop posting this kind of car. You are making me really want to build one. And I have the 1/12 Bentley...

Never touched it as I just don't have the skill to add the needed detail. Probably will ruin the entire thing if attempt to build, and it cost a pretty penny.

The 1/12 Bentley looks great built mostly box stock, as I did. The main detailing that most modelers would insist on is to replace molded-on mesh pieces with real wire mesh, and perhaps add some engine wiring. There's plenty of online reference.