Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 911 GT1 W/ Scale Motorsport Super Detail Kit & Other Details

Quick GMC

A little bit more done. Used the Scale Motorsport turned shock parts and got everything fitted. I will probably paint the shock bodies to add some color. I am not going for 100% accuracy since there are so many configurations for the shocks. So far I have seen 3-4 different mounting locations for the reservoirs, and several colors of shock bodies. I haven't decided if I am doing the Mobil 1 livery yet, I don't care for it much. I may do a phantom car

Kit parts with SMS turned parts. There are also PE faces that go on top of the shock cap

Nothing glued, just stuck together with Blue Tack

It fits

I trimmed tape to fit in between the tube chassis on the firewall. I will use these pieces as a template for carbon fiber decal

That's it for now. Hopefully more to come soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Little bit more done on this finally. Did the rear axles. Used the Super Detail Kit brass fittings and spun some Aluminum rod in a Dremel to polish. Also put one of the Top Studio 1/12 motorcycle springs on the exhaust to compare. Much better than the molded in parts. Got the majority of the parts in primer and black paint now. Some carbon fiber decals are next so I can finally start assembling some stuff

20190105_173933.jpg

20190105_181149.jpg

20190105_181720.jpg

20190105_184413.jpg

20190101_145658.jpg