Model Cars Magazine Forum

My worst fears realized

Harry P.

Harry,

I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling after hearing this news but am confident that with the right attitude and treatment, you will beat this handily. Be sure to include your family with the details and seek out the best possible care as that will make a difference in your outcome.

Your second family here is obviously concerned for you and let us know what we can do to help you. Prayers and wishes for a successful fight are coming your way.

I can't even begin to pretend to know how you feel or what is running through your mind right now.  I hope they have caught it in its earliest stages.  There are so many people pulling for you, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.  It will be good to see you when you are a proud member of the cancer survivors club!  Go kick some cancer ass, Harry!!!

Harry... First off I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear about this. Just like everyone has said here I don't know exactly how you are feeling but I know it has to be tuff. Second I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I will be praying that the Dr's have caught this early enough and that they will be able to remove all of the cancer. I know It won't be an easy road and I will be praying for a speedy recovery. Third... If I was in your shoes I know it would be hard to tell my family but regardless I would want them to know. because I know I would need that support from my loved ones. I know if one of my parents got cancer, I would want to know right away so I could be there for them. Hang in there Harry, I truly believe that things will be ok since they have caught this early on.

I hope for a full recovery for you Harry. I lost a close family friend to fricken cancer, it started same as yours and spread. Let's hope the best case scenario is what's in your future. Keep your head up, be positive. I'm a firm believer that if you keep your quality of life up and not let it get you down mentally, you'll come out of this fine. Like I told my friend, be stubborn, be positive, keep the attitude that your not gonna let it get you down and not give up without a fight. Modern medicine and some strong will, you come out of this.

Harry, I am keeping you in our prayers and thoughts.  You will get through this.  I have been through some pretty nasty medical things.  I have not had cancer, but I have faced a life threatening situation.  I have had 19 procedures and surgeries and still have several to go, if I ever get strong enough to survive them.  You are about to enter a whirlwind!  You will be sent from Doctor to Doctor, test after test and you will not fully understand what is going on until fairly far into the process.  Don't let it overwhelm you.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  You have the right to know what is happening and what the Doctor's current plan is.  Don't let it get to you when the answer is, "We just don't know yet."  That's the nature of the business.  

You will make some strong bonds with people who will work their tails off to save your life.  You will meet some of the most incredible, determined people you will ever see.  Most of them won't be Doctors, but they will still have your back.  (Just remember that it's a good idea to be extra nice to the people who will be around your naked, unconscious body!:unsure:)  It will be a team effort, so don't be afraid to ask for help along the way.  You will need it.  When you come out of this, you will be stronger for it.  The most important thing to get through this mentally intact will be a sense of humor.  I am sure you will be fine there.  We are all here pulling for you.  If you ever need a lift, we will all be there for you.

Harry,

Words fail me.  Everything that has come to mind so far has already been said (written) by others.  I can only add my voice to the chorus.  Know that we care for you, my friend, and we're thinking of you, pulling for you, and praying for your quick, full recovery - with a smooth ride along the way.

This is shocking news, as I know it was for you.  But you got it right ~~ we are your second family.  Count on it.  We're here with you and for you.

Godspeed.   

Harry,

Words fail me.  Everything that has come to mind so far has already been said (written) by others.  I can only add my voice to the chorus.  Know that we care for you, my friend, and we're thinking of you, pulling for you, and praying for your quick, full recovery - with a smooth ride along the way.

This is shocking news, as I know it was for you.  But you got it right ~~ we are your second family.  Count on it.  We're here with you and for you.

Godspeed.   

I cannot begin to speak on this, so I will just quote my eloquent brother from another mother. 

Stay strong Harry.

G

Dang Harry, I'll have you in my prayers. It's good that it's been caught early, that's the key. A positive attitude helps also, the medical procedures available today give you a great chance to beat this. We'll be rootin' for ya.  

Thinking of you Harry. Hope that the docs are right and you'll be on the mend soon. Prayers and thought s to you and your family. Thank you for sharing the news on the forum, for over the years this community has grown to be a family of its own. We're all pulling for you!

Misha