Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another old build from the early days.  A friend actually had one of these, and despite appearances, it was really a nice little truck.  I wouldn't want to run for hours on the highway but for around town and back roads it was fine.  IIRC, it was a re-badged Isuzu.

163952834.jpg

I admit, not the greatest build but I saw one on TV (a couple of Brits in CA) and it got me looking thru the basement.

Your not the only one, I did also see the show. They made a great looking LUV with nice patina too it. Your model looks very much like a teenagers ride back in the day. Is the kit any good? I want one but guess I have to pay trough my nose to get one.

IIRC, it was a re-badged Isuzu.

Correct!  And the early Ford Courier pickups were Mazdas.   I bought a couple of each of these for the large homebuilder I worked for back then.  They were used by foremen, inspectors and light duty crews.   They performed flawlessly!  That was the era where any American vehicle we bought was trouble, so they turned quite a few heads.