Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Shelby GT500 hybrid kit

vamach1

Sort of a blend between a diecast and a model.  The body is prepainted and decorated.  The interior and chassis and engine are like a typical model.  The nice thing is it was a very fast build.  The 68 ten spoke wheels are incorrect for a 67 and the body is stock Shelby instead of having the modified Eleanor body kit.  Nonetheless less it was a fun build and looks cool.

image.jpeg

I am not sure about those cast wheels. This is Jim Morrison's The Blue lady , a 1967 Shelby. It was bought new by Morrison

You're right.  You see these wheels on 67 and 68's but I cannot say I've see the 67 Magstar style wheels on a 68, only a 67.

image.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
Picture

The ten spoke cast aluminum wheel was an optional upgrade over the steel Magnum 500 wheels in 67. I once nearly bought a 67 GT500 with the 10 spokes in Brittney Blue. It was at Tasca Ford in Providence RI. I happened to have a short time left in the US Army so they wouldn't lean me the money :( One that got away!