Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scrap draw full

kpnuts

Hi all I've my scrap draw is full and there are too many usefull bits on these models to bin so this is how I'm storing them till such time as I find a use for them, also I've dug some of my stalled builds out with a view to doing something completely different with them ( better than just wasting them.

Kenneth, those plastic boxes are familiar, still wish the inner walls could allow more storage.  At least they stack well.

Is the 4 legger a Dachsund?  In Germany, a Dackel.  A wondeful breed, zany, thick-headed and hilarious, I love them!!!

He sort of is, it's my daughters dog, I say that we seem to have him more than she does, we don't mind he's adorable, she paid 1200 quid for him and it turned out he wasn't pedigree, they got their money back and the woman was kicked out of the kennel club (aparently she's done it to loads of people) he's a beautiful dog and we love him, his name by the way is frankie .

Edited by kpnuts

There's a lot of Dackel in him for sure, and Frankie is a good name for him.

The wife and I together have had since 1974 to 2007 four Dachshunds, mostly having two at the same time.  They all lived to an average of 17 years.  Clowns, rowdies, completely hard headed and testy,  yet unbelievably loving and protective.   There was for both of the 2 pairs we enjoyed, a very dominate dog.  More often, as I learned more about dog behavior, it was interesting to observe that such a small dog could dominate such larger dogs as German Shepherds and the like.  It wasn't the size but the demeanor.  The last girl we lost was a beauty, and completely and utterly a dominate dog even at age.  To notice while she was on a leash walking alongside me downtown or in the fields or forests, that much larger dogs would drop their ears and tails was a true signal that she had quite a character.

Your Frankie looks content.  I miss those days.