Model Cars Magazine Forum

One of my classic box art favorites

disconovaman

I'm gonna show a start to finish build on my bad man 55 revell kit. It's the "Surprise guest" that I'm bringing to the ACME club meet tonight. Instead of the Out of proportion old monogram kit, I went with the Newer Revell 55 hardtop. The only thing used from the original badman was the decals and I've had for about 25 years...they worked nicely not bad for originals... thanks for looking

20160817_165254.jpg

I beleive that there is an alternate universe with the model car world. It's kinda childish I guess but with modeling I beleive that the most important part is your imagination. 

I've always thought that the "Winter Nationals" themed box art is the back story to the car in the box. So my version was that the Orange Revell 55 hardtop that was featured on the box won the Winter Nationals against  an up and coming future 55 Badman (Yellow 55 in the background) in 1965 and the following year the Badman took the trophy at the Winter Nationals agianst the Pink 55 you can only see the front fender of on the BAD MAN boxart.... I have plans of building the other two as well. Any one know what the Revell 55 decals were like? The cool thing about the pink 55 is I can get really get creative since the only thing we know is the car is a Gasser with no front bumper.

model_car_box_art_009_11212013-1.jpg

badman.jpg

Anthony,

First off, this car looks amazing!!

I have to ask please, did you use regular

Monogram decals, or are they aftermarket

ones from somewhere?

I found some a long time ago on the great

"Wacky World Web" that were some real

nice alternate versions that somebody was

producing that I just loved.

But I never saw them again!

David S.

Anthony,

First off, this car looks amazing!!

I have to ask please, did you use regular

Monogram decals, or are they aftermarket

ones from somewhere?

I found some a long time ago on the great

"Wacky World Web" that were some real

nice alternate versions that somebody was

producing that I just loved.

But I never saw them again!

David S. 

These the decals your thinking of?  Still see them on ebay... Mine were originals from the Monogram kit.

$_1-7.jpg

I have some nearly finished pics of the 55 Bad Man! thanks for looking and the nice comments.

Hopefully you guys will build your version because if you let you imagination run wild, the 55 is just the start. BadMan is the brand name and let's assume he's still racing today only he's moved up to a pro mod or even a rail. And let's not forget what started it all maybe he was a fighter pilot in the Korean War, So what did his jet look like? An adrenaline junkie who like many that came back from the war got into building hot rods to go fast. Huh? Huh? 

20160829_214239.jpg

20160829_214400.jpg

20160829_214239.jpg