Model Cars Magazine Forum

1997 Ford Expedition XLT

Hey All,

It has been a while since I last posted and in that time I managed to complete two builds. This one was completed back in July of this year and is built from the Revell SnapTite kit with a few modifications (bumpers and roof carrier). The wheels are from the AMT Firestones 1978 Ford Pick-Up Kit. Paint is Dupli-Color Automotive Silver. As with all my builds I experimented and tried some new stuff (first time masking) and I think that although it may not be perfect (the tow hooks will eventually be reworked), the overall look/style turned out pretty close to what I was aiming for.

Thank you for looking, comments and criticisms are welcome!

Nice job on this one. The roof rack looks great as does the bull bar. But where is the winch ??

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator! I did make a winch in this truck by cutting some slits into the bumper and wrapping cotton twine around it. It is supposed to look like the winch is inside the bumper and all that sticks out is the "cable" and hook. I should probably work on making it more realistic though by painting it silver and adding a winch roller fairlead.

Looks great!

Thanks Chris!