Model Cars Magazine Forum

USPS Employees Nailed For Stealing Mail

Quick GMC

Now if it was only junk mail, would that be a public service?

:lol:

That was the joke going around at the time, that everyone on his route probably considered him to be a hero!:P But, the Post Master, who is considered a government official, didn't find the humor in it!:blink:

That was the joke going around at the time, that everyone on his route probably considered him to be a hero!:P But, the Post Master, who is considered a government official, didn't find the humor in it!:blink:

Yeah, the people mailing that stuff do pre-pay for all that junk mail.

My next door neighbor is a postman. I can't tell if he was nuts before he got the job, or after. He hoards cars. And not good ones either...Ford LN7, Mercury Mystique, an 80 something Celica....

Yeah, many of the ones I have met are, let's say, "unusual":wacko:. My ex, for example, seems to building quite a collection of ex-husbands:lol:-but, that's another story!

I bought a 1/43 die cast car from a seller in the UK once.  It was sent registered mail as it was not cheap. Seller put 'gold car' in customs description.  (it was a Lotus painted gold) Needless to say it never made it to me. Got my money back but USPS was not really interested in finding out the what or why it went missing.  Pretty sure they know they have thieves on staff but easier to pay out than find issue. 

Another thought on this issue. I had a neighbor who retired from UPS. His job for the last several years with them was to investigate and prosecute the employees who were stealing. They have a very low rate of theft. Maybe the USPS can take a page from the UPS play book.

• 1 month later...

Over the last several weeks a few of my pieces of mail that I had sent out never made their destination as the checks haven't been cashed as yet. Never have seemed to have this problem before, and since I use several post offices that I drive-by to drop off the mail, I'm unable to pinpoint the problem.

image.jpeg

Newman! :o

But seriously, I've had pretty good luck with the US Mail. I once called an order in to Squadron Shop on Saturday Morning and my PO delivered it Monday.

Only time I've ever lost anything in the mail was when I tried to order some decals from Mexico. The vendor wouldn't/couldn't take credit card, or check, or USPS money order, so I had no choice but to take a $25 chance with cash. I was disappointed but not terribly surprised when the vendor (the decal maker) claimed they never got my order. (Happy ending: I was eventually able to get those decals from somewhere else.)

If my mailman would dump the election mailings in the woods, I'd nominate him for a commendation...

If MY mailman would just throw out all the junk mail, I'd nominate him for Postmaster General.

But I guess the PO(S) needs the revenue from all the carp I toss without ever reading.

Just another broken system nobody is ever going to bother to try to fix.

Over the last several weeks a few of my pieces of mail that I had sent out never made their destination as the checks haven't been cashed as yet. Never have seemed to have this problem before, and since I use several post offices that I drive-by to drop off the mail, I'm unable to pinpoint the problem.

Nick have they just switched sorting location by you?  When they did that to us our mail took longer than normal for awhile. Strange thing to have your local mail go 80 miles north to come back to the house next door or 5 miles away. 

Most of the major mail sorting facilities have overhead, enclosed, soundproof walkways with exterior entrances. This is so postal inspectors can randomly monitor the postal workers below to see what shenanigans they are up to. I have also been in 2 different UPS facilities that had rooms full of stolen goods that were recovered from their drivers. Bad people work everywhere.