Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 32 Ford America Graffiti Milner's car

The only good looking manifold ( bottom half fulie) that I could find was the Revell '57 Nomad. All the variations of this kit has the part. 

Greg, I've been studying pix of the trees in the various incarnations of this kit, and so far, at least one variation appears to have a 6X1 setup and manifold rather than the old fulie rig. Any insight there?

Image result for revell 57 nomad

Appreciate the heads-up on the '59 tri-power carbs and the availability of a really good start for this manifold in the later '57 kits. I've been kinda wanting to snag at least one of the open-door '57s, so now I know one issue has a smallblock 6X1 setup and one has the fuelie manifold. I guess I'll have to spring for a couple...probably an early-issue coupe and a late-issue Nomad.

Turns out I have the '59 on the shelf too, so I'll be having a look at those carbs later this PM.

I love this site...and people who take the time to really help, and know what they're talking about. :D

The Rochester 2 barrels are in the tri-power set in several recent Revell kits - the best GM 2 barrel out there in a kit - the Merc comes to mind and the 1959 Chevrolet as noted above, possibly the 66 GTO? -

Da - da duh - drama note - they seem to be missing the base plate on the bottom of the carb unless you count the raised area on the manifold... easy enough the fabricate the missing base plate, but be aware

... the 1959 Chevrolet as noted above...

Da - da duh - drama note - they seem to be missing the base plate on the bottom of the carb unless you count the raised area on the manifold... easy enough the fabricate the missing base plate, but be aware

Had a look in the '59 kit and they're very nice, but as you say, definitely missing the base plates. Is OK, as I have real ones here to measure.

Other nice thing about them is that they're the manual-choke-no-choke versions. On a real car, getting 4 auto-chokes synchronized would be damm near impossible, and it looks like the Milner car ran manual chokes. On a 3X2 setup, only the center carb usually runs a choke, which is fine, because the engine only idles on the center carb. The 4X2 setup gives each cylinder its own carb throat, so every carb has to have a choke if you want any kind of street-drivability in colder weather.

Only downside is that there are slight sink-marks in the tops of mine, and it's going to take stripping and filling a really small area to make them right before casting.  :D

I'm glad this thread came up. Even though I have no interest in building the movie car, having 4X2 and 6X1 carb setups for smallblock Chebbys will tend to make those engines a lot more interesting than the done-to-death 2X4 or tunnel ram rigs on hot-rods. Getting a good 3X2 Rochester setup will be nice, too.

I just ran through the instructions on the "Instruction" site must of missed that one.

I think I was wrong. The more I look, the more it looks like all the open-door nomads DId come with the FI manifold, as you originally stated. Apparently the FI and the 6X1 setups were both in the same kit, with no single-carb version...like I wrongly thought I saw.

Oops.  :D

I mentioned the GTO on page 1, but nobody seemed to notice.

All the '70s and later issue '57 Chevy hardtops in my stash have the FI, a 6x2 manifold and a blower manifold.

Thanks. I noticed, but I don't have the GTO here to look at.

Appreciate the heads up on the 3 manifolds in the hardtop kits too.

I should have realized probably all the '57 Chevy open-door kits have the 6X1 manifold, as they all seem to have the six one-barrel carbs on the chrome tree. :D

I mentioned the GTO on page 1, but nobody seemed to notice.

All the '70s and later issue '57 Chevy hardtops in my stash have the FI, a 6x2 manifold and a blower manifold.

I also noticed, you had a good lead, but didn't Revell have more then one GTO out there...  I seem to remember the Monogram '69 in a Revell box... but I also think the Rochester tri-power has been in several other recent Revell kits that escape me at the moment. 

anyway, back to the topic