Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 September '16 Releases

MrObsessive

Not much for me either.  THe display cases - with rounded top corners - will they stack like the old ones?  At this point, I've built or seen all the cars that are being reissued and not interested enough to buy again.  And still have quite a few unbuilts of them still.  Just waiting and building the stuff I already have. 

Randyc

I thought the 1/16th 1955 Nomad was September? Oh well, I can maybe pay some bills. Any details on the Nomad yet, are they doing any upgrades to the parts or maybe new printed whitewall tires.

I thought that too, but they hadn't mentioned it. Printed whitewall tires would be a REAL plus! We'll have to wait and see if there's any surprises. ;)

Not much that caught my eye this month either. The '79 Chevy Nova is the only one I want. But, only if it has the option to build it stock. I think Chad said in the video it could be built stock. But, nothing on the box he showed us confirmed this. Does anybody know this for sure?

I know a few people have complained about these reviews. I like them. And, I think that overall Chad does a nice job. It's a lot of fun seeing what's out there, even though I may have no interest in owning it.

Edited by unclescott58

I subscribed to their YouTube channel, so when a new vid shows up I get pinged on my phone. Not everything they have always interests me, but it's nice to see them put out info of what they do have. RC2 never did this as far as I know in this manner. They've also been turning up at the NNL's and at NNL East they had folks asking questions the whole time about their upcoming stuff.

Yeah, they're mostly reissues but I've been VERY impressed of what they reissued so far! B)

Not much that caught my eye this month either. The '79 Chevy Nova is the only one I want. But, only if it has the option to build it stock. I think Chad said in the video it could be built stock. But, nothing on the box he showed us confirmed this. Does anybody know this for sure?

I know a few people have complained about these reviews. I like them. And, I think that overall Chad does a nice job. It's a lot of fun seeing what's out there, even though I may have no interest in owning it.

Pause the Video when he is holding the nova kit sticker in corner say's can be built stock.

Scott.  The Box and Chad agree. The Nova can be built stock. If the 1980 Volare/RoadRunner is any kind of predictor, the kit will be exactly as it was last run, with only new tyres and a new decal sheet. Which, if you know what you're in for, is great. I had a couple of this kit the first time around in the 80's and really liked it. There is talk here in other threads, that the engine is more Pontiac than Chevrolet, as the base kit this one was derived from originally, was a Ventura. Comparing the instruction sheets over at Drastic Plastics this does indeed appear to be the case. This is no big deal to me, but might bother others. I've already started on my Volare. I may need a couple of these Nova's.

A little disappointed the Nova will be molded in black, I'll still get one but I would've rather seen it molded in white

The Cheverro is a must buy for me. I know it's a custom but It looks good, and the ugly rear spoiler is a superate part. 

Ill be getting one of the Datsun Monster trucks, but just for parts so I can restore an original stock MPC Datsun pickup. 

A little disappointed the Nova will be molded in black, I'll still get one but I would've rather seen it molded in white

Black is easy peasy to prime without bleedthrough unlike reds.

I do have my eyes on the Datsun pickup. Since all that issue has is 4x4 monster truck suspension stuff, a street custom can be still made from it.

The 1/16 Nomad is a September release, it was shown in last month's video.  Another September release missing from this video is the full detail glue kit of the '16 Camaro SS.

Like I said before I appreciate that they're putting the effort out there to be more social media savvy with their customers, but these videos aren't exactly the most accurate information either