Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy Pro Stock - Finished up, off to the Drag Racing section

Tyler62990

Really nice work on an old Monogram kit! I have several of these as glue bombs and they sure are fun to build! The improvements you did really paid off, as this one is turning out really nice. Somehow I really like that color too.

Only problem is that this is definitely not a Pro Stock car as the thread title says. They never drove this old cars in Pro Stock and even if they did, this doesn't match the rules. Luckily it's not too late to change it.;)

Great job!B)

Really nice work on an old Monogram kit! I have several of these as glue bombs and they sure are fun to build! The improvements you did really paid off, as this one is turning out really nice. Somehow I really like that color too.

Only problem is that this is definitely not a Pro Stock car as the thread title says. They never drove this old cars in Pro Stock and even if they did, this doesn't match the rules. Luckily it's not too late to change it.;)

Great job!B)

Funny you should say that. Something just seemed wrong calling it a pro stock, so I did some research on NHRA classes and the like. Very interesting stuff. I guess this one will just be a bracket racer. I really couldn't find a definitive class for this one.

Great job!B)

Yes, more like Pro Street........

Yep it's not always easy to find a correct class for these builds, but luckily you can do Bracket Racing with almost anything. And of course there are lots of smaller organizers in the States that have their own classes too that are different from those NHRA classes...B)

But no matter what class this one fits into or where it doesn't, it's a very cool build and so far you've done a very good job with it. Keep it up!

Hey Tyler,

I'm your old neighbor from Moscow/North Pocono, living in missouri now. Fantastic build all the way around, But that car is very wrong from the factory. I have one too and I was always trying to figure out exactly what it is. By studying the pic, it looks to me like they got the roof part dead on, but the front clip and the rear trunk area of the body is way to long. So what if a guy was to cut out and section the front and rear? What I might do is match it up with one that's right. However I might be biting off more than I can chew, because everything else has to be shortened. I'll have to see. What do y'all think?

Hey Tyler,

I'm your old neighbor from Moscow/North Pocono, living in missouri now. Fantastic build all the way around, But that car is very wrong from the factory. I have one too and I was always trying to figure out exactly what it is. By studying the pic, it looks to me like they got the roof part dead on, but the front clip and the rear trunk area of the body is way to long. So what if a guy was to cut out and section the front and rear? What I might do is match it up with one that's right. However I might be biting off more than I can chew, because everything else has to be shortened. I'll have to see. What do y'all think?

Hey we are practically neighbors. From Wilkes Barre here.

I forgot to post an update, but this one's finished up and has been moved to the drag racing section. Thanks for following along guys!

Hey Tyler,

I always thought something was a bit funky looking on this one, and I think you nailed it. Since it's a 1/24, that may be a challenge if not impossible to get everything lined up if you can't find a more correct looking 1/24 '56. I think you can save yourself A LOT of work and check out the Revell 56 Del Ray. That kit, going by the pictures I've seen of it, looks 1,000 times better than this one out of the box. If I didn't get this one for $7, I probably never would've given it a second look.

Hey we are practically neighbors. From Wilkes Barre here.

Wow, it really is a small world lol. I'm up in the Rolling Mill Hill section off Hazle Street