Model Cars Magazine Forum

need help and info I am building the most famous model t of all

dodge5522

Ok seance I am disabled I been thanking a lot I loved this show sense  I was little now my little on is all most 8 years old and she loves in so I decided to make it  I am using a fruit wagon for base car I wonder where I can get the tracks or what I can use to make them any and all info is very appreciated 

Screenshot_2016-08-25-18-42-45.png

1472927388982.jpg

I don't know what scale the kit you have is, and I don't know much about armour but I'm pretty sure you can buy tracks for 1/35 tanks, most car kits I've bought are 1/24 25 so I recon that may be, however you could cut down the 1/35  tracks to suit, I know I was building a 1/24 dio and needed a bulldozer in that scale (they wanted over 100 quid for one in that scale) so I bought a1/16 bulldozer for 12 quid and cut it down.

ok thanks of info my kit is 1/25  I hope it turns out

Ok seance I am disabled I been thanking a lot I loved this show sense  I was little now my little on is all most 8 years old and she loves in so I decided to make it  I am using a fruit wagon for base car I wonder where I can get the tracks or what I can use to make them any and all info is very appreciated 

Screenshot_2016-08-25-18-42-45.png

1472927388982.jpg

One other option, if you rather not do all that scratchbuilding & kit piece gathering, is to find one of the Memory Lane toy versions. Steeply priced on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Santa-Claus-Comin-Town-Vehicle/dp/B0001WUZM0 , but I got mine several years ago via an ebay sale for around $30.  If I was to guess, it looks like maybe 1:12 scale. It's now part of my Christmas decorations every year, I loved that show when I was a kid.

Here's an idea for tracks.

russian_cannon.thumb.jpg.6d6090de8c834be

A 1/35th scale model of this would look just right under your wagon. Several kits are produced, it's a Russian B-4 M1931 203mm howitzer.  

I do not have one, otherwise I'd send it to you.  

If you want, now that I'm home, I will look in my stash and see what tank wheels and tracks I can find.

G

Here's an idea for tracks.

russian_cannon.thumb.jpg.6d6090de8c834be

A 1/35th scale model of this would look just right under your wagon. Several kits are produced, it's a Russian B-4 M1931 203mm howitzer.  

I do not have one, otherwise I'd send it to you.  

If you want, now that I'm home, I will look in my stash and see what tank wheels and tracks I can find.

G

yes if you could thanks for the   help

Ok thank you guys for all the help I decided  to scratch  build it here are some up dates custom traxs waiting on parts to detail them custom bed found parts out of old police car and made the lights bent styrene  for horn found top and bottom in parts box made a hood emblem  almost ready for primer

20160909_093019.jpg

20160906_013158.jpg

20160909_140048.jpg

1473713478499.jpg