Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 911 Turbo 88-update 10/22/16 Interior

935k3

The kit is the Tamiya 911 Porsche 911 Turbo 88. This one has been painted awhile but just now starting it. Paint is Motip touchup paint F77-78 clear coated with Testors Wet look Clear. The wheels were satin chrome but I repainted them with Spaztix. This kit is partially snaploc assembly. I will fill all the holes and mount part an alternate way. No decision on interior colors yet. Te rear wing was cut loose for better paint access and to scribe trunk lines. Tamiya molded the entire car with rear deck and wing one piece. The front has a license plate housing that sticks out and is very unrealistic. This was removed and filled in with plastic so a normal separate plate can be used.

Dscf8087.jpg

Dscf8088.jpg

P911.jpg

Edited by 935k3

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great so far. I love this kit by the way. I did one a while back in flat black. Looked pretty cool. The masking is a little tricky but taking the time will really make it stand out. I just bought a few more of these kits on ebay. I am going to do one in Tamiya metallic green and one in Tamiya orange. I like all the crazy colors the 911's used to have.

• 2 weeks later...

The interior is done. This was my first ever attempt at flocking. I used embossing powder. The entire gauge area of dash is a decal. I made dash panel cut from .010 styrene. to go over it and add some depth. I also made separate floor mats and door speakers. I need to find or make a radio decal for the dash.

Dscf8152.jpg

Dscf8173.jpg

Dscf8177.jpg

Dscf8181.jpg

Dscf8183.jpg

Dscf8199.jpg

Dscf8202.jpg