Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford sedan military-themed rod

Sixties Sam

I'm calling this one finished. It's a resin chopped 32 Ford sedan body on the 32 frame that came with the Revell 30 Model A coupe kit. Grille & shell and some other parts are from that kit. The rest is parts box stuff - Little Red Wagon hemi, axles, and rear wheels. Front wheels are 13 inchers from a 69 Corvair kit. Taillights are 62 Imperial units. They look sort of like bullets - seemed appropriate. I was going for a slightly ratty military-themed rod look. It's way less than perfect - some glue smears, ill-fitting rear window, carbs that moved while the glue dried, etc., but overall, I think it's not too bad for an old man! I used Krylon paint with a touch of powdered chalk for just a touch of surface rust. It was a fun build. I like cobbling together something unique! Comments are welcome.

Sam

I like it, since i was going to do bit similar look for my 32 sedan.. "army green" with those same decals from 30 A Ford kit.. :D Difference comes to my upcoming build that my build has 409 Chevy engine, and i make my model fendered.. Decal placing is also close to similar.. :lol: You may find my build from work bench B)

Nice build,but watch it classifing yourself as an "old man".At our age we are still pleased to able to participate in the common hobby we love so much aren't we?Being born and raised in the 1940's gives us a different set of memories and experiences than some other builders.I will build as long as. I am able.Keep building brother!

Edited by misterNNL
Misspelled work

,Nice build,but watch it classifing yourself as an "old man".At our age we are still pleased to able to participate in the common hobby we love so much aren't we?Being born and raised in the 1940's gives us a different set of memories and experiences than some other builders.I will build as long as. I am able.Keep building brother!

Love the hot rod, especially the cool taillights! I agree with Tom, we should start a "models by geezers" club!:lol: