Model Cars Magazine Forum

240zg

aussie_modler

Hi all,

I started my next build, which is the Hasegawa Fairlady 240zg. This is a curbside kit and thus will be built like one.

I didn't want to go to over the top or try anything new and different (for me), so I went with a very mildly modified interior.

The seats will be black leather, the rear parcel carpet is from an old mouse (pc) bag that I pulled apart.

The body has about 6 coats of Tamiya x-13 Metallic Blue and 3 or 4 coats of TS-13 Clear with no polishing. I still have the body kit to paint. The window trim was masked and painted after the clear with Tamiya Flat Black.

Thanks for looking, comments, tips and critique welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Good looking curbside

Thanks Mark, not best build. I do like the lines of the 240, so why not build one.

Very nice, thats one of my favourite cars.

Thanks Shaun.

Nice and clean man, its good to see some japanese cars getting some love!

I do like the imports, it's a shame they don't do to many local cars at the same price as the American and Japanese cars.

Nice! The colour choice really suits the car 

Thanks, it was my first time painting a body with the air brush. I learnt a lot on this build.

I'm hearing ya, I'm trying to find a Tamiya 80 series cruiser without having to pay a small fortune in shipping.

Thanks Cliff.

I'll have a look next time I'm out at my local shop, I've seen one there before if it isnt gone I'll grab it for you.

I'll have a look next time I'm out at my local shop, I've seen one there before if it isnt gone I'll grab it for you.

Thanks mate, I know there are  types of them and either would do. I know there is a hilux I can get, but the ol' 2.8d isn't really up to towing a trailer.