Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carl Casper`s : Phonebooth: Finished Pictures

John Teresi

Does a model get any more realistic looking? I don't think so. Until the picture with your wife's hand, you would swear it was the real car.

Another thought, whatever happened to the actual 1:1 car? I always wonder that with show cars.

Hi Dan.......great question.....Carl Casper still owns and has this original car.......and is in AWESOME shape for it`s age .......plus many of his other cars......he sent me a few pictures for reference while I was building this model.......thanks

Amazing! The first pic, I thought you were showing us the real thing for comparison. I was totally fooled.

After staring at the pictures for several minutes, I was able to pick out a few things that said "model" but they were very subtle.

There just are not enough superlatives...

The actual showrod was based on a different car than this model :rolleyes:

John... You have done a Knock out job on this and it looks awesome. Man did this turn out killer and looks even better in the sunlight. The Paint and Alclad just pop on this one. I think its probably the best Alclad I have ever seen from anyone. I love every bit of this model :wub:

The actual showrod was based on a different car than this model :rolleyes:

Rick... I am  not sure if you read Johns very first post on the build on the "On the Workbench" Section. But John tells everyone from the Get Go that it is not going to be an exact replica. He even tells that the Actual car was a 1925 T and says he is going to use a 1931 because he could not find a 1925 T kit in 1/16th scale. I have seen people say stuff to him like this in the past about things not being an exact replica and I don't understand why people want to give him Grief when he clearly states that Things won't be exact. He is one Helluva Model builder and proud to call him my friend.

Love it, John! The fact that you were able to use what was available to you and make a car comparable to the original, even better than the original, is a testament to your talent. You did the same thing with the Nashty Habit. People have to look twice to realize that it's not exactly the same. It's no wonder Carl Casper loves it!

Edited by Art Laski

John... You have done a Knock out job on this and it looks awesome. Man did this turn out killer and looks even better in the sunlight. The Paint and Alclad just pop on this one. I think its probably the best Alclad I have ever seen from anyone. I love every bit of this model :wub:

Rick... I am  not sure if you read Johns very first post on the build on the "On the Workbench" Section. But John tells everyone from the Get Go that it is not going to be an exact replica. He even tells that the Actual car was a 1925 T and says he is going to use a 1931 because he could not find a 1925 T kit in 1/16th scale. I have seen people say stuff to him like this in the past about things not being an exact replica and I don't understand why people want to give him Grief when he clearly states that Things won't be exact. He is one Helluva Model builder and proud to call him my friend.

Chris.......thank you my friend:)

Love it, John! The fact that you were able to use what was available to you and make a car comparable to the original, even better than the original, is a testament to your talent. You did the same thing with the Nashty Habit. People have to look twice to realize that it's not exactly the same. It's no wonder Carl Caper loves it!

Art......thank you Brother:)

The most incredible model I've ever seen. It should be cherished as a work of art. A true craftsman you are John

I was going to say exactly the same thing! You have really blown me away with this build; and not just because I like the subject matter! This needs to be shown to anyone who thinks that model cars are not an art form!