Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeff Lindstrom`s: 1930 Ford Model A -10 1/2 second race car on the "Work Bench" 9/10/16 "Finished pictures posted in the "Under Glass" section 11/5/16

John Teresi

Hot dang, that is really coming together nicely. Those elongated front fenders came out great. I was a bit worried they would look too tall but I should have known you be all over it. The black body with the red frame work and wood dash is such a great combination.

Edited by gasser59

John... This is looking awesome!! Your work is Killer. Keep up the great work on this. Looks like you only have a few things left to do before it's done. The contrast between the Dash, the Roll Cage and the body just looks great!! Keep up the nice work on this one. I can't wait to see what you will start building after this one is done.

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I made a fuel line,throttle brkt.,master cylinder line and fuel gauge......I used "Pro Tech" gauge face,detailing wire,throttle linkage,nut and bolt ends ........and a "Pro Tech" Mallory ign. coil that I got fromLaski Scale Specialties.........I made a trans. dip stick and a oil dip stick attached to the engine......I also made a front motor mount and painted it Alclad and lighty weathered ......the engine is installed ......I also made a tach. and used a Slixx decal and "Pro Tech" detailing wire and nut and bolt ends ......thanks for looking.

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I finished detailing the underneath of the model.....I made a trans. brkt. and attached the drive shaft and attached the shifter cable and weathered the bottom of the body........I attached the grill and carbs......I used "Foto EFX" throttle linkages that a great friend gave me...... and made a few scartch parts for the carbs .......and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and fuell line and lightly weathered the carbs and linkage .......I made the headlights and mustang taillights that I painted Alclad......almost done with this build......thanks for looking.

John... That is some mighty fine work you have done and the progress you have made is just awesome.  I can see that you are just about to the end of the tunnel on this one and probably can call it done in just a few days if that. The details are really nice on the engine. Love your weathering on it. It looks so good with everything in place. The underside of the car looks great with your Weathering Magic you added to it. This has been a fun build to watch. Can't wait to see it done and then see what you start next!