Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, it's been a long time since I've built or posted anything. Now that our dog is 2 he likes to lay down for a little bit. Not having to supervise him all the time means I have a little free time. Anyway always liked the look of weathered/beat up vehicles, but was too scared to try one myself. Bought this kit and thought what the heck. If it goes bad spare parts. So I sprayed 3 colours duplicolor semi gloss black, then duplicolor red primar. Then finally krylon for the blue. I waited a day for the final Color to dry and then picked out my Favorite chair in the house and started sanding. After sanding most of the day here is my attempt at what you guys make look so easy. 

Havent decided if I want to use these wheels and paint the spokes with primar..or use skinnies white walls and black steel wheels. Hope you like it. As always comments welcome! Thanks for looking guys!

image.jpg

Well guys little hiccup. Just got called to work as soon as I got into a project. Hoping to be home by the weekend. Thanks for the encouragement guys! Wouldnt have known where to start if others before me hadn't done such a good job explaining how to do this! 

looks amazing but for just a bit more detail the spot just outside the drivers window should be sanded if youlook at any real truck or car that spot is always worn down since thats were we alwas rest our arm while driving but thats just my 2 cents otherwise very impressive

Well guys made it home from work. Got some time at the workbench tonight. So I posted the question how to "lower" models in the question and answer section. Got some GREAT info!! It was a big help so again to Bill and Dave much thanks. I was able to reposition the axel ABOVE the leaf springs. This gave me the look I was looking for. Few pics of my dry fitting. Still have to work out the shocks but for the most part this is where I'll leave off tonight. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, been a busy week but still managed to take some time to get a little work done. Having a lot of fun with this so far. Finally finished all my sanding. Now clear coat or not to clear coat? Here is a dry fit. Some things look goofy, as Gravity is holding it together at the moment, but it gives an idea of what it will look like. Got the distributer drilled and wires glued in place. Hope you like it. Comments welcome let me know what you think!! And again thanks for looking 

Well not a lot, but a little more this morning. Going to work for the weekend, thought I'll pick away at the interior of the truck. Was hoping to work on the engine but don't want to rush it. I think I might repaint the wheels. Now that I look at them in the picture, not happy with how it covered and my hand slipped I see when I was doing the silver in the lug nuts. So that being said here is one more pic. Again thanks for looking! Comments welcome!

image.jpg

Well guys first of all thanks for looking and for the kind words. Decided to sit down today and do some engine work. Bought Testors Createfx acrylic black wash. Engine was given a light wash since I did earlier with black and thinner. Intake manifold was given 3 wash coats. Carbs were painted gold and washed 4 or 5 times to dull down the gold. Found some copper wire and decided I needed fuel lines. Then found some smaller gauge wire and figured it would make a nice makeshift throttle linkage. Getting cross eyed now so going to call it a night, here are some pics. Let me know what you think usually I stop at plug wires. Comments welcome guys and thanks for lookin! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg