Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Earnhardt first Winston Cup win car

MarkJ

is it for sale? Beautiful model well done! Do you have any nascar builds for sale?

Ronnie I sold my Tom Pistone replica to his daughter and really missed having it later so I do not sell them anymore. Now if Junior wanted one of them I might have to reconsider.

• 2 weeks later...

Dale Jr at Talladega today with his Dad's old car.57ef368e2e26a_Dale_JR_at_Talladega_with_

Very nice reproduction of the real car but not quite right for the first win car. The tires did not have eagle on them and the windshield supports were on the inside of the windshield plus some other things like the contengencies , but still real nice.

Mark, This is way cool and I really enjoyed your WIP.  I had forgotten about these big Monte Carlos in NASCAR and learned a lot from your build thread.  These cars are huge! The local museum has one in Petty colors so you got me thinking...

Mark, This is way cool and I really enjoyed your WIP.  I had forgotten about these big Monte Carlos in NASCAR and learned a lot from your build thread.  These cars are huge! The local museum has one in Petty colors so you got me thinking...

Steve, yes you are correct about there being a lot of others to do. I think if I did another one I would just use the w.o.f. 77 monte carlo kit and not worry about the chassis. I would still need to get a 1/25 scale amt kit like the thunderbird to get the right tires and wheels. The aftermarket tires I think are 1/24 and don't look right under the fender wells on this body. The hood would stay shut as well.

Another shot of Dale Jr with the "Alabama Gang"Dale_Jr_and_Alabama_Gang.thumb.jpg.7f02b by his dad's old car.,

Not his dads car. Its a reproduction of his dads car. Just like those cars on the track behind them. If your going to hijack the thread at least get it right.